Chapter 21- Fred

Over the next few days, it was hard to focus on anything but Quidditch. The match was the next day. But I managed to keep up with my classes and my friends. In fact, I was on my way down to the Great Hall with Fred that very moment. George had run up ahead with Lee Jordan minutes ago, when Lee had mentioned something about running off to prank Snape.

"Yeah see you guys when you get out of detention in a few years! If you survive that long!" I'd called.

Since then it had been silent, aside from the occasional rumble of my stomach. We were uncomfortably late for breakfast. Fred had once again slept in far too late, which had ended in Lee and I beating him with pillows until he rolled out from under the covers and onto the floor. It had taken a few minutes before he had forgiven us. 

"Nervous for the game tomorrow?" Fred asked, turning to me.

"Nah," I lied easily. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"Well, you could fall off your broom, you could get hit by a bludger," Fred seemed to be growing a smirk as he continued. "You could get hit by a player, you could run into the goalposts, or the stands, you could faint which would also result in you falling off your broom and there's much more but the list is too long for me to go on."

"None of that'll happen. Why should I be nervous? We're facing Gryffindor," I shrugged,  laughing at Fred's face when he realized, after a few seconds, that I'd insulted him, George, Harry and the rest of the team.

"Hey!"

I laughed once again and started chanting loudly. "Slytherin! Slytherin! Slytherin!"

We started bickering about the match, and which house was better, all the way to the Great Hall. By the time we had reached the doors our friendly bickering had resulted in each of us becoming very defensive about our houses and nearly reaching a very heated argument. I stopped and looked over at Fred.

"Fine. If you're going to be like that, I'll just sit all by myself at the Slytherin table," I started to strut of towards my house table, when Fred grabbed my hand and tugged, leading me toward the Gryffindor table.

"No, no. You'll come sit with us I think Melody," said Fred in a cunning voice that could've passed for Slytherin.

"Don't call me that!" I yelled, smacking him hard in the arm, but growing a smile that I wished would go away.

He only grinned and this time used both hands to try and tug me towards the Gryffindor table. I couldn't seem to scowl properly. My feet seemed to involuntarily be moving forward. He only grinned and continued to walk backwards.

That's when I realized everyone had stopped what they were doing, and started looking at us. Seconds after that I realized the position we were in; practically holding hands in the hall. I suppressed a blush. Fred seemed to realize as well, and we both averted our eyes to the floor and walked the rest of the way to where Harry sat.

I glared at eyes that met mine, and they all went back down to their food. I smirked. Fred and I sat next to each other at the Gryffindor and continued to bicker over Quidditch. Everyone started to join in, everyone but Hermione and Sadie.

"Ugh, boys and their Quidditch," Hermione groaned.

"Agreed," Sadie added, rolling her eyes.

"Hey!" Sydney said, as she and I turned to face Hermione and Sadie. "What was that?"

"I said boys and their...oh."

"Uh-huh. Do we look like boys to you?" I drawled slowly, looking both Hermione and Sadie in the eye.