Chapter 17

Zaria's POV

I brought out the outfit I picked out last night for the hangout with the girls. It was a blue crop top under a denim jacket and black jeans with baby pink designer convase. Aisha is very good at picking cloths and shoes for me whenever we go shopping.

I stood in front of the mirror as I styled my hair into a back bun and gelled my edges into curls. I made up my face a little bit and took my phone and my purse from the bed and made my way down stairs. Unfortunately for me everyone was at home.

I got to the sitting room and saw Father, Mother, Sam and Aisha watching the popular comedy series the Johnsons  on African Magic Urban. The maids were going around the house with their duties. I went to Aisha and kissed her cheek.

"Hey sis." I smiled at her. She smiled right back at me.

"It's like it only your sister you can see in this room, bah? " That was my mother. I rolled my eyes and stood upright.

"I greeted you this morning, ma." I replied her in the most polite voice I could muster. Sam lowered the TV volume and everyone had their eyes on me.

Great! Another family drama!  I looked at Sam and saw him checking me out in a way that made me both self-conscious, nauseous and repulsed.

"This is almost twelve noon, young lady. By the way, where are you going all dressed up?" It was father that talked this time.

"I told mother about the hangout I was having with my friends today." I replied him.

"Did I give you the permission, ehn?!" Mother snapped.

"You said and I quote 'Suit yourself.' This is me suiting myself." I replied, nearly in the same tone.

"So you are now shouting at your mother, abi?! "Father glared.

"I'm not shouting at her, Father." I retorted.

Please God, don't let this people ruin my perfectly planned day!

"Zaria, just apologize, to avoid all the wahala." Aisha pleaded with me.

I am doing this because I so wanna get out of this house.

"I'm sorry, ma." I got down on my knees like a typical Yoruba girl and knelt on my two knees.

"That's more like it." Mother adjusted her buba and retied her rapa before sitting down.

"Let one of the drivers drop you off." Father said.

"No sir, I will drop her off." Sam stood up and smirked at me.

No way!!

"Don't worry. Aisha will drop me off." I said, looking at Sam with disgust. He chuckled slightly and sat back down.

"I will?" Aisha looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You certainly will, sweet sister." I gave her a sweet smile.

"Let me change." She stood up and ascended the stairs. I went out to stand by the car.

"Why are you in such a hurry to leave the house?" Sam's voice came from my side. I rolled my eyes in frustration. I looked and saw him standing with his hands folded across his broad chest.

"To get away from your fugly face." I replied with sass.

"Ouch. Touché." He mockingly placed his hand on his chest and feigned hurt and disappointment. "And here I thought we were having fun spending time together." He pouted, coming closer to me. I didn't even flinch.