104. What to Watch

With that incident with the television porno being in the past, we still did not decide on a movie to watch. I continued to hold the remote in my hand, flipping through the different pages and options displayed on the television in search of something to watch. I felt somewhat fatigued at the moment after what had happened so I allowed myself to relax and slouch down on the chair that I sat in. However, Muria's posture was still like before where she sat on the edge of her bed with both feet touching the floor.

The search continued for a bit longer in the silent room with the only audible sound being the soft humming of the air conditioner as it pumped warm air into the room so that the temperature was maintained at a comfortable one. Currently, it was a bit on the warmer side, and because of this temperature, it made me quite drowsy.

I yawned and continued to stare at the television screen with my pair of dry eyes. My eyes scanned the various images of the different movies until my attention was caught by a particular image. It was an extremely familiar image, one that involved memories that I shared with Muria. I glanced over at Muria and discovered that she was also staring at the movie poster that was on the corner of the monitor.

I stared at the image for a bit longer, pausing my selection process and thinking whether or not I should just choose this movie to watch. Muria seed to have noticed my static state since she glanced over at me for a few seconds before returning her gaze back to the television.

I mean I didn't pay much attention the first time I watched it... You know what? I asked myself. Why not?

I then navigated over to that image and pressed the button on the remote to play the movie. I heard a soft gasp from Muria, and when I looked over at her, she was staring at the television screen in surprise. She then slowly looked over at me, and on her face was a look that was as if she wasn't expecting me to choose this movie.

"What?" I frowned uncomfortably as she stared at me with wide eyes of surprise.

"...Nothing." 

She then looked away and then focused her gaze on the television screen. On her face I discovered a content smile as her countenance relaxed as she lowered her guard. Seeing her like this actually made me quite happy since I no longer need to endure that awkward atmosphere.

With the movie being decided and Muria starting to relax, I saw her move further up her bed until she was near the head of it. Then, she grabbed her pillow and propped it up against the headboard and sat down with her knees bent so that her thighs were close to her chest. I immediately looked away, blushing after her current pose seemed to expose the entirety of her thighs to my naked eye. 

Pay some more attention, I muttered to myself in my mind. You're not in the room alone.

With my face still somewhat red from seeing her thighs, I looked towards the television screen. On the monitor was that same movie that I had saw with Muria in the summer time. Man does it bring back memories.

The movie played on for a bit more, and then a familiar looking character appeared. It was that same dog character that Luna had bought the stuffed animal for as a gift for Muria. Then, the memories that was brought back to me became one of bitterness.

The colorful and cute images on the television screen no longer appeared wholesome to me. Rather, it was as if the movie itself had its colors gradually fade as the colors became extremely bland to my eyes. No longer was I able to focus on the plot of the movie, and instead, all I could think about is that conversation with Luna.

She... laughed, I recalled. To the point that she cried.

I could still hear that laughter in my head as I played back the memory. However, I noticed something odd.