Armstrong

MEMORIES came flooding my mind as I look outside the windshield of The Marsian 7832, through the universe and to the metal ball where my wife and my life is in.

Flight Lieutenant Behati Azrael Monzanto ,

Baby

I love you so damn much.

Ayoko pang mamatay Behati, but I just can't be selfish and be with you when the world needs you.

You are the woman of hope baby.

I need you but the world needs you more.

I wish to be there when you need me.

I wish I could embrace you..

Wake up by your side..

Smile as I look at your beautiful face..

Kiss your pinkish lips..

And build a family of love and hope with you..

But I guess my wishes won't be granted..

I stared at the metal ball one last time before I looked straight at the asteroid which caused all of this.

45 minutes more and I'll be leaving..

As I was waiting for the right time my radar signalled me that another space craft is coming.

This shouldn't be here..Any minute now and this Marsian 7832 will explode to oblivion and this is here?Are they not informed of what is about to happen?

Through gritted teeth I turned on the radio.

"This is Space Commander Armstrong. What are you here for?Are you not informed of the aesteroid?Marsian 7832 will explode as we speak and you are here?"I said.

I can't afford to lose another comrade in this situation.I just can't.

Tama nang isang tao lang ang mag sasakripisyo.

Me dying is enough.One life is enough for this asteroid.

"Space Commander Rylandrien Peter Armstrong of the Universal Aeronautics and Space Administration inside the Marsian 7832..

We are here to help."A man spoke.

Another voice was heard through the radio.
"Commander Ride and the crew of the first Project Mars at your service Commander Armstrong"

My face lighted up hearing the name.

Thank you God for not leaving me.

Things were quick.Not a minute was wasted.I am now aboard Commander Ride and is about to go back to Mars.

We landed safely and stayed there for a year..

The asteroid was destroyed by the Marsian 7832 as planned.But without me in it.

Here I am on the way, back to Earth.My beloved.

"I'll be home soon Behati baby, Wait for me."

Finally..

"PAPA!"

*Ehem.So this was purely fiction and was obviously due to my imagination.I do not claim that Pedro could still be save in the span of 45 minutes. Just to clarify..*