Arc 1.11 At the Top of the World

A couple of months later, Gu Corporation released the lens in all of their retail stores. The advertising was very effective with the help of many top actors and actresses, as well as supermodels.

The lens was initially already a revolutionary product in of itself. However, with Gu Corp's efforts in boasting it, it's popularity and demand reached new heights.

It was to be expected. After all, this world's technology was weirdly underdeveloped in places that should not have been and developed where they should have been underdeveloped.

For example, there were already notebooks and tablets in circulation. However, the mobile phone was only in the earliest stage of smartphones. Laptops were laptops, but strangely enough a genuine computer did not exist at all.

It made one wonder how the hell the people in this world's minds worked.

Nevertheless, the interactive holographic function of the lens was the greatest and most interesting thing for the common mass and nobility alike. The multifunctional aspect was also a boon and made it so that the lens could replace all other forms of technology within a few years.

With the addition of Tian Corp's top security system software installed in every product in the stores--not just the lens--with a 1-year subscription, the sales were off the charts for all products. Gu Corp's annual revenue was at its highest in history and would continue to rise throughout the next century or so.

In short, the success of Gu Corporation's collaboration with Tian Corporation was unprecedented.

Also, the news of the marriages between certain business leaders popped up one after the other.

Ou WenAn and Nan PiCi decided to clarify their relationship after settling the internal problems from the Ou side.

Internal problems? Of course, we are talking about Ou WenAn's position as heir and dealing with his biased father.

Ou WenAn was the most favorable Ou son amongst the shareholders so his position was unshakeable until the scandal.

Generally speaking, it should not have been difficult to maintain his position as heir with such incompetent brothers in the first place. Unfortunately, Ou WenAn was simply too naïve in dealing with their petty schemes.

Don't misunderstand, just because it was never mentioned, it did not mean his two other younger brothers were just lazing around the entire time. While Ou WenYan played the villain outwardly, the other two were sly and fanned the flames from behind.

There were many ways to shake their oldest brother's position. Such as, gaining the favor of the man with the largest amount of shares, father CEO Ou. He had 25% of the shares, and Ou WenAn had 20% as the heir. Younger three brothers had 10% each. The rest of the shares was split haphazardly amongst other industrial leaders among the business world.

Ou WenAn's scandal was only bad because of the unbelievable conjectures that came from seemingly nowhere--of course if one had to guess, it would probably not be hard to find traces of the two sneaky younger brothers who always tried to be low-key.

The confidence that the shareholders had in establishing OuWenAn as the next CEO was certainly shaken because of his lack of ability to guard himself from the schemes of others, but with his protagonist halo and charisma he was somehow able to regain their trust.

He settled everything by declaring to marry Nan PiCi, which satisfied the shareholders one way or another.

Yep, a declaration of marriage was all it took to quell the multitude of worries mentioned above. In actuality, there were more intricate details that could be left unsaid regarding the main couple's seemingly unreasonable invincibility.