BEING HUSBAND

Nani had brutally asked khushi not to go in front of Di.. My Anjali Di...words were smooth but not their meaning.

I sat holding nani's hand in the front couch in our moon light illuminated hall, Khushi was sitting with nani, consoling the old women, soothing her pain ..

It pains...It hurts...

I just said nani the truth, didn't I? ...all I knew about Shyam Manohar Jha and his misdeeds, his relation with Khushi, my confusion and hate for both Shyam and Khushi, my misunderstanding...about Di, our marriage...

Still Nani asked Khushi to adjust in her own house...

I can understand Di will be hurt to see Khushi, the woman her husband was after, may be the second women in her marriage, a threat...just the way I hate Shyam Mamohar Jha, my Di's husband for being the third man in my very first love story, with Khushi...

But why will Di be hurt to see Khushi?? Khushi is as naive as nothing else...

Di is betrayed, just due to that Bhindi naak Snake called as her husband.

I sat in silence, taking a side glance at Khushi...wishing that she will oppose to such restriction...

I am selfish here...every women goes to their husband's house after marriage, almost every women but my Di...She is after all Arnav Singh Raizada's sister...And after the disaster in our life, I had no courage to live with out my Di...

Its my emotion, my decision and she being my wife is a sufferer...

If only Nani had safeguard her own daughter, my mumma...Aaj woh mere saath hoti, main Arnav Singh Raizada nehi Arnav Mallik hota

If Guptas were her real family, Khushi ke saath aisa kabhi nehi hota kyun ki just because of my father once Di suffered this way 14 years ago...its bound to happen in this family, sayad.

"I will stay away from Anjaliji..."- Finally Khushi spoke, promising Nani .

All I could there is sit, my little butterfly will stop!! Watching a silent khushi is more painful then death...

I don't want her to live like me, a stone hearted monster!! A rakshas, a laad governer...like she named me. Not that I hate those names...

Khushi too was betrayed by Shyam, by marrying her forcefully...I added more to her misery...she never complained, she was never protected by anyone...and still she is strong.

In all this I didn't like the way Nani behaved with my wife...not a bit of it.

But I am helpless!! One side my precious Di and other side she, my sunshine...

I wished to changed the places of Khushi and Di...Kya meri nani tabhi di ko Khushi se milne ke liye mana karti!!

I went to check on Di...

Khushi kept her promise and slept on our bed...

I know she is not sleeping...

I lied down beside her, wide awake, starring at the white ceiling of my black room...

Di ke saath galat ho raha hai but khushi ke saath bahut galat kar rahe hain hum sab, main, Shyam, Di, Nani and not to forget Maamiji.

Is this the darkest secret of Shantivan!! The raees Raizadas!! Where is eqality here?? Where is our judging capacity now!!

I didn't realise when I fell asleep...

The shower was on, means Khushi is inside taking a shower.

I got up rubbing my eyes...

Khushi came out with a poker face.

Not that she lost her charm...she is sensitive and can never smile when someone related to her is suffering mainly of that person is related to me.

Aakash knocked the door and I realised Khushi had left the room...

"Bhai woh...aap ko office jaana hoga for an important work..."- my brother Laxman reported.
I don't want to go office, again a small relief to Aman Mathur still

I have to go...

I dialed Aman , pocketed my phone after connecting it to Bluetooth, my trade mark black one.

I can feel her, the mild breeze, the musical sound of her anklet...

Khushi placed the glass of water and medicine on the lower table before my poolside chair...

I turned...

I had not taken my food from the day before...she knew that.

"Di ne bhi toh kuch nehi khaya..."- I told at her face.

I watched her keenly...

Di had not ate, so I didn't...
I know...She too had not taken a morsel coz I hadn't.

She placed the medicine in my palm giving the glass of water. I gulped it down ...

Why love is such a big punishing puzzle??

My foodie khushi without her jalebi, chana...foods.

She needs to eat.
I know there is no one to care for her...

I remembered what happened a few minutes ago...

I filled a plate and run to Di's room...broke the chappati and tried to feed her...trying emotionally.

Di rejected me...her chote...!!- I sighed.

I was in pain but I deserve it.
Di will eat, there are many people to do that job if not me,its that now for her, Shyam is more important, her husband.

Husband...!!

I remembered...main bhi husband hoon Khushi ka...I too have a wife.

I got ready for the meeting...

Khushi took the glass of water in the carrier and tried to leave the pool side, our pool side.

I bumped in to her...knowingly...
She took a different direction and again I came in her way...

Her face show irritation.

She tried again and again but every time I blocked her way...

Finally the lithium bulb glow in her pea sized brain...that I am trying to make her my old sunshine ..make her smile.

She blushed at my close proximity. and I smiled, my very own famous smirk...

A small smile reached her lips...
I learned...I can manage...I can manage to make her smile, be a reason for her smile...

It was the most efficient feeling ever...

Love can make anyone smile even in the hardest of situation giving us energy to fight with odds and evils!!

I smiled this time...Arnav Singh Raizada and saying all this!!
This time I must say "Impossible!!" to myself.