26. Fool Me Once III

Hey guys just wanted to say sorry that this chapter is short, but I think it will be worth it! Read A/N at the end for more details ;)

"Is that Latin?"

"Are you stupid? Witches have their own language."

"No, they don't. It has to originate from somewhere."

"Mmm I don't think so. Sometimes it's just poof! New words."

There Elena and I was arguing over what exactly the language Bonnie and her Grams is reciting.

"Emily, new words don't just form out of nowhere," Elena scolds.

I raise an eyebrow. "You sure about that? Listen, huppa!"

"Huppa?"

I smirk. "It means Emily is great in my new language of Emness."

Elena rolls her eyes. "You're insufferable."

"You mean irresistible."

"No, I really don't," Elena says, making me gasp in shock. We look the same!

I shake my head. "Elena, darling, we are twins. You're belittling yourself."

Before Elena could retort Stefan cut us off. "I can't believe this all started by you guys debating the language of the spell." I stick my tongue out at Elena since I had won that bickering war.

"Which is very stupid because it's clearly Latin they're speaking. Come on guys I'm not even in high school," Damon provides to the conversation.

I put my hands up in surrender. "Sorry Mr. Hotshot, it's not like I've known witches for years unlike some people."

"Technically you've known one your whole life," Damon points out.

"You've known them for how long now... wait a minute how old are you? I think it's starting to show. I mean, is that a wrinkle?" I tease, lifting my hand to a non existent wrinkle on his face.

He slaps my hand away lightly. "Don't spread lies, Emily." I smile innocently at him before directing my attention back at the witches. They were staring at us with crossed arms.

"We've been finished for quite awhile, but clearly you all had something more important to discuss," Grams sasses to all us.

I place my hand on my heart and provide my most sympathetic smile. "I am so sorry to have waste your time like that. But Shelia," she raises an eyebrow to me calling her by her real name that I quickly realize my mistake, "I mean, Grams, tell me. Was that Latin or your own witch language?"

She gives me an almost sorry look. "Sometimes I worry when I remember Bonnie was born in this generation and is friends with the sort of you." I gasp and Bonnie lightly hits Grams arm. The truth is Grams never really has liked me. Always thought I was a bad influence on Bonnie. I guess my leaving for a couple of months only worsened her thoughts of me.

She cracks a small chuckle. "I'm joking." She didn't look it. "I know you're merely curious. It's Latin though and should be obvious."

I nod my head with my eyes narrowed. I back up slightly and hear Damon whisper in my ear, "I told you so." I roll my eyes as that is my least favorite thing for anybody to say to me. I don't care that you are right. Congra-fucking-lations.

Damon claps his hands twice. "Well, well, tomb is open, time for me to retrieve Katherine, and time for you," Damon starts, pointing at Stefan, "to start some fires."

"Preferably ones that aren't that big and noticeable since there's a party going on. I mean I may complain about how I hate people, but that doesn't mean I want them dead," I add. Everyone gives me blank stares like what I just said is totally out of this world.