Chapter 18 - Like Newly Weds

She turns a little red, and suggest we stop off for a bit. I stand there dumbfounded for a moment.

"Oh, sure, are you tired Tegemi?"

"Not at all, I just want to...watch the sunset for a while." She said as if struggling for answers.

(Lucky! She's the one who suggested it.)

She sighs with relief.

"Thanks, Will, you come with me?"

"Sure, do you have somewhere you'd like to go?"

"Back at the part, there's a spot there I would like to show you."

"Okay."

"Hehe, thank you."

We arrive at the park and head out in a hidden by curtains of vines and ivy's, this place must be part of the huge park at some point and few people seems to know this still exist.

"Here?"

"Yes."

Tegemi walks through the park. Some people old people sitting on some benches and a man with a leaf blower cleaning the fallen leaves.

"It hasn't changed at all."

Her eyes glaze over with nostalgia

"My dad used to bring me here, and I hide here when mom got angry at me for not doing my chores, dad always knew where to find me though." She giggled.

"When coming back from visiting the aquarium we always passed by here while heading home,"]

"I see..." (this is a special place for her...)

"I thought I'd like to come here with you, Mina."

"Thank you for sharing me this special place, this place holds a lot of good memories isn't it?"

"Yes and I want to make good with you in this place as well."

(With...with me?!)

(What does she mean by that?)

Her words surprise me.

"Mina?" she said while moving closer and staring at me.

"What is it? You seem dazed." She smiled.

(So...so close.)

"It's just, I'm really happy to hear you say that."

"Really?"

She tilts her head and step a little away from me.

"I'm glad to hear you say that."

Then, as we begin walking again...

Tegemi suddenly totters, and almost falls, it's a good thing I caught her just before, but I accidentally steps on my foot unable to regain my balance both of us falls down together on the soft green grass.

"Whoa!"

"Kyah!"

"I'm sorry, Mina, are you alright?"

"Yes...but Tegemi..."

"Good, no worries I'm alright." She replied.

But Tegemi...

(Her...Her skirt.)

(Black laced, ah! No!)

I unconsciously move my hand pulling down her shirt to cover her expose underwear.