Chapter 47

"Blyke?"

"First of all, ow."

"I'm sorry, I was just angry and I wasn't thinking and-!"

"Hey, let me finish."

I dipped my head down.

"I knew you were, and I knew why. While we were sitting there thinking of ideas, I seen John pull out his phone and type. I watched him the whole time and after you sat down at your computer, he had hit send. I don't think he knows I know."

"Blyke."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry I hit you..."

"I see you haven't completely lost your mind yet."

"Hey."

"Sorry, joking."

I sighed.

"And I'm also here to say, I know I haven't spoken up before when everyone accused you of lying. I wasn't sure what to do at that time, and you know I'm scared of John somewhat."

I said nothing.

"And I'm sorry about that. I knew that you knew I believed you, it's because of what I told you about John is why you're being like this."

"Why can't I just live normal?" I threw myself on the ground.

"Huh?"

"Blyke, you don't understand. I've been through so much. I've had that incident at my middle school, I've been declined to so many high schools because of my past record. I had just recently found out about a past I had completely forgotten about, I've been through PTSD so much, I've been used, I've been called names. And whenever anyone tells me I'm perfect, I never believe them anymore. My perfect grades and powerful ability are nothing compared to that."

"Kami..."

"And now my literal childhood friend is calling me dramatic, and talking about me behind my back, who knows what others have said about me. Who knows what rumors have spread about me. Hell, I've been told I'm pretty too, but should I even believe that? I don't know what to believe anymore."

"You can believe me." He put his hand on my knee. "I understand that you've been through so much, but don't you think others have had it similar?"

I shrugged and leaned back, hitting my head hard on a brick, but I didn't budge.

"Don't do that, you could give yourself a concussion doing that."

"Don't care, I've been through so much in my life, what is there I haven't been through?"

"End of the world? Zombie apocalypse? World war? Famine? I could go on."

"That was rhetorical."

"You got my point though."

"And?"

"Kami, everyone goes through shit like this. Humans are the most imperfect creatures in this world. Everyone has their flaws, and everyone has their bullshitted reasons for acting a certain way. Even though everyone seems to fake who they really are, you are truly true to yourself. Nobody ever acts on instinct like you. No one ever speaks their mind like you do, even if it's random. It's you who is the one everyone looks up to, the one everyone envy's and wants to be like you. But some people are too scared to interact with you. They're too intimidated by you. So they try to get to you and want you to feel lesser than them. They want to feel superior. And the fact that you don't care whether you're on top, or mixed in with the normal crowd, makes them more jealous due to them wanting the top spot."

I was silent. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I sat up and hugged him.

"Thank you so much."

"I'm here for you, no matter what."

"And what about the committee?"

"They were lost for ideas and couldn't decide. I knew deep down we needed you to lead. You tend to take it, but we don't care because your plans never seem to fail."

I closed my eyes.

"Will you come back with me?"

"What about John?"

"You can make him clean up the mess after prom." He joked.

I laughed and stood up. "I'm so tired."

"It is getting late."

I yawned. "Yep."

"I'll walk back with you to your dorm, and if they're still planning, you can tell them to meet tomorrow after school."

"M'kay."

We walked back to the dorm, I tried to wipe my face desperately to make it seem like I wasn't just crying.

We walked in and of course, everyone stared.

"Kami, you okay?"

"Fine." My voice seemed choked up.

"You sure? Your voice-?"

"I just need a drink." I lied. "Also it's getting late, should we continue planning tomorrow after class?"

"My dorm this time!" Isen jumped in.

"Isen, who's your roommate?"

"Don't have one."

"Wow okay, so we'll be fine."

Everyone nodded and started leaving. I noticed as John stood up, he glared at me, so I returned it and glared back.

I'm not taking shit from anyone anymore. I've held in so much sadness and anger that one day I'll literally explode.

I walked into the bedroom and threw myself on the bed. I was too tired to even change.

"You that tired?"

"Mmmhmmmm." I muffled with my face buried deep in my pillow. "MmmmMmmmm"

"Night." They laughed and turned the lights out.

I fell asleep almost right away.

I slowly awoke to silence. I opened my eyes and seen two empty beds next to me. I shot up and panicked.

I checked my phone and seen it was 11:32am.

"I slept this long!" I scrambled to get ready. "Why didn't they wake me up?"

As I reached the bathroom, I seen a note.

"Kami, I know you would see this here, so I left a note. I knew you were tired last night, and the fact that we actually tried to wake you up. You were mumbling something about go without you? You didn't seem conscious at the moment, but we left you be. We figured you needed the sleep, so we're going to cover for you with the teachers. We are going to say that you knee still hurt real bad, and could barely walk. We will make sure to bring your work when we're back. Relax and enjoy yourself.
~Amber and Sera"

"Awe, so nice of them." I set the note down. "May as well at least do my business."

After I finished, I walked into the living room and flicked the TV on.

"It seems next Friday night, on the 28th, there will be a meteor shower. It's been over a hundred years since the last one appeared. It will be a beautiful night to sit and watch the starry night."

"Huh, That seems like the perfect night to have prom." I took my phone out. "Today is the... 18th, so we have ten days to plan!"