Chapter 11: His Father

Jungkook's father returned from his business trip the following morning, seeing his son watching some TV while working on homework.

"Jungkook, why aren't you at school?"

"It was cancelled because of an emergency teacher meeting or something like that."

"I see. Where's Jimin?"

"Sleeping."

"Still?"

"He was up late, helping me with homework," Jungkook lied.

"Well that's nice of him. We need to talk about your suspension, but I'll wait till your mother gets home."

"Correction, she's my step mother."

His father sighed, looking down at his son who was focused on his work, and shook his head.

"You're still upset about the divorce, aren't you."

"I know it's not your fault dad, I don't resent you for it."

"She loved you."

"Yeah, that's why she wanted to keep my brother instead of me, right?"

"No, there was more to it."

"Dad, I heard your conversation, when she said that she wanted him, and you could keep me."

"I'm really sorry, I didn't know you knew about that."

"Dad, I didn't send that man to the hospital for taking her, I sent him to the hospital because I know how bad it hurt you. You were there for me, you love me, and I know that you have always done your best to provide for us kids. You're the only reason why I beat him up as bad as I did."

"Are you serious?"

"I've known since I was a child that mom didn't like me. I was trying to protect you, not her."

His father's eyes softened and was left speechless as his son continued his work.

"Jungkook, I don't know what to say."

"You don't need to say anything. Can you tell me if this answer is right though?"

"Sure Kookie."

"Thanks. Jimin's been helping me with math by the way."

"Do you like him?"

"He's really nice, and really fun to be around."

His father smiled and took a seat next to his son, going over his homework with him, but after a couple more hours, Jimin finally woke up, and stumbled down the stairs, with his head pounding.

"God, my head," he complained, rubbing his temples.

"You ok Jimin?" His step father asked, but Jungkook spoke up first so he wouldn't be in trouble.

"He's fine, he's just got a cold."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Jimin gave Jungkook a confused expression, but didn't say anything and went to the kitchen, getting a glass of water until he remembered that he went to the bar the previous night.

"Oh crap..." he whispered, hoping that he didn't say anything bad to the kid in the other room.

"Jungkook, could you come here please!"

The younger hopped over to the kitchen, and smiled when he saw the cabinet was open.

"Do you need help reaching a glass?"

"No, I'm just wondering if I said anything bad last night."

"No, not really. You were pretty drunk though."

"I know that, but I don't remember anything."

"You didn't do or say anything, don't worry."

"Promise?"

"Yeah."

"Thank god. Why did you say I had a cold though?"

"Because my dad would be pissed if he knew you were drunk. He's strict when it comes to that stuff."

"Oh. Thanks Kook."

"No problem. I'm going to go continue my homework."

"Oh, wait a second."

"What's up?"

"Did I come home without pants on, or did you take them off?"

"Um...you came home like that."

"Crap, now I lost my pants. Those were my favorite ones too."

"Oh no no no, I found them outside, they're in your room now."

"Oh, they are?"

Jungkook nodded, and quickly ran out of the kitchen, back to the living room and sat next to his father, having no idea why he got nervous and lied to him but focused back on his work to get it out of mind.