CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Baekhyun kicked the gas pedal and the car zoomed through the city. Taehyung was sitted beside him and Areum at the back seat.

"This is absurd" That was Baekhyun had said,"Taehyung I understand your feelings but Dad will know eventually"

"I know that" Taehyung growled.

"You have to tell him. You always can't just say that you are on a vacation" said Baekhyun and Areum hummed in response.

"I need some time" Said Taehyung and looked outside the window at his reflection,"I will tell him when I am sure that he won't blow up the company"

"You will never be sure then" said Areum and Taehyung glared at her through the rear view mirror.

"Atleast you should support me" Taehyung huffed and Areum giggled.

"Okay Jokes at one side and serious stuff at one side" Said Baekhyun,"What will you do Tae"

"I dunno" Taehyung admitted.

Silence fell in the car once again and Taehyung stared outside the window as the city zoomed by.

They were going around the city cause Areum wanted to click some pictures. And the boys wanted to get out of the house for some personal time.

"Right there" Said Areum and Baekhyun halted the car at the side and Areum got off.

"See ya later boys" She said and closed the door. Baekhyun and Taehyung waved a good bye and drove away further.

"Taehyung I guess you took a rash decision" Baekhyun said softly while looking at the road ahead.

"I didn't" Taehyung denied.

"Taehyung you loved music" Baekhyun said,"And you just left it like that"

"Hyung I had to" Taehyung said as I felt his heart go heavy,"I had no place over there"

"But Taehyung-" Baekhyun halted the car at the side of the road and hugged his brother.

"I am sorry for what happened" He said and Taehyung quietly cried on his shoulder.

"I will fix everything" His brother promised, hating the sound of his brother crying.

Baekhyun still remembers that Taehyung had once got bullied in his school and Baekhyun had destroyed those boys.

He had been way to over-protective over his brother. He even hated when Taehyung frowned, crying is something he never wanted his brother to do.

He never wanted his brother to know what tears actually are. How it feels like to be hurt. He had promised this to himself when Baekhyun had been hurt.

He hated the feeling and wanted his brother to never experience it. But he failed. Failed to take care of his brother.

Baekhyun tried to hold back his own tears. Taehyung was shaking in his hold and was saying thing that didn't made any sense.

"They hate me" "They don't"
"They want me gone" "No"
"I am a coward" "No you are strong"

Baekhyun denied every word Taehyung uttered out. He rubbed comforting circles on his back and whispered sweet nothing.

Slowly, after some minutes passed Taehyung was calm again. Baekhyun pulled back as wiped off his brother's clear tears.

Taehyung rubbed his thumb against his palm and took deep breath to regain his composure.

"Everything will be alright" Baekhyun softly said and ruffled Taehyung's already messed up hair.

Taehyung's phone rang and he picked it up.
"Yes?" He said.
"Young master" Said the trembling voice of Hajoon.

"Is everything okay?!" Taehyung asked with worry filling his veins. Baekhyun leaned in to hear the conversation.

"Young master. Mr.Kim wants you back home. Now" He said and then added after a moment,"He is not happy Master"

Taehyung hung up as worry replaced absolute fear.
"What happened?" Asked Baekhyun.

"I guess we don't have to take trouble to tell dad" Said Taehyung in shaken voice (Jungskook).

"Oh shit" Said Baekhyun and hit the gas pedal and sped back home.

***

"Care to explain anything Mr. Kim Taehyung" Said Taehyung's father, looking at his son dead in the eye.

"D-Dad I-I wan-wanted to tell y-you" Taehyung stuttered as he felt nothing but fear at the moment.

"Then why didn't you told me?" His dad asked in a quite voice. And when he speaks like that, know that it is the silence before the storm.

"D-dad I d-didn't wanted to u-upset you" Taehyung said as his body shook with raw emotions.

They both were right now in his dad's study with no one around. The door shut close and everyone told not to disturb.

His dad had the resign letter clutched in his hands. Someone from the board had called his dad to pay the condolence of his son leaving band.

Taehyung stood infront of his dad, hands intervened together to prevent them from shaking.

Sungmin - his father- stared at his son as noticed that he was shaking. He had never seen his son shake so badly.

He took a deep breath. Disappointed that why his son hid it away from him.

Sungmin got up and went to stand near his son. Taehyung felt the presence of his father and didn't look up to meet his eyes.

His father spoke again,"Tell me the reason"
"No R-reason d-dad" Taehyung stuttered,"I j-just wanted t-to s-spend more t-time with my family"

Taehyung hoped that the lie worked but his father knew his son better than Taehyung knew himself. 

"Don't talk bullshit Taehyung" He said,"You are stuttering and it is the proof when you lie. Tell the goddamn truth"

"It is the truth dad" Taehyung said. His father growled with frustration and raised his hand and Taehyung flinched thinking that his father was about to slap him.

But Sungmin was about to cup his son's cheek so that his feels comforted. When he saw his son flinch, a thought flickered in his mind.

He rested a comforting hand on his son's shoulder and squeezed it.
"Taehyung is someone abusing you?" He asked.

Taehyung's eyes shot up to his father's and he shook his head. Sungmin sighed and said,"Taehyung what part of 'I know when you are lying' you didn't understood"

Taehyung rested his head on his dad's shoulder and his dad hugged him.

"Tell me who is that bastard" His dad asked in a dead serious tone.

"Bangtan"