Chapter 27: The Beginning of an Adventure

***And here is the next chapter. Sorry about the huge delay***

Alexis P.O.V.

Finally changing my shirt, I head down to the gym. My head pounding a bit, but I ignored it as I walked down in the elevator.

"J.A.R.V.I.S?"

"Yes, Miss Alexis?"

"Are you going to tell Tony about my accident?"

"Well, Mr Stark has said that he wants to know if you are ever in trouble of any kind."

I huff. "So that's a yes?"

"I am afraid so, however, given that you have sorted it with Dr Banner, I won't inform Mr Stark until after his meeting."

"Well, I suppose that is as good as I can get," I sigh, as I step out of the elevator and make my way to the gym. "I just don't want to make Tony worry."

"If I may, I believe that Mr Stark worries, only because he cares."

'Only because he cares,' echoed in my head as I walked into the gym

Walking into the gym, I couldn't help but just stop and watch. Nat and Clint were fighting, or sparring, as Steve told me last time. It was amazing to watch them, because how they moved, anticipating what move would be coming next and always try to outsmart the other. Slowly walking closer to the mats where they were, I catch Clint's eye, making him freeze for a brief second, But that's enough for Nat to get the upper hand to sweep his feet out from under him and pinned him down. Startled with how fast she took him down, I take a step back, before clapping at her win.

"Well done Nat," I grin before skipping closer and stopping at the edge of the mat.

"Thanks," Nat winks as she gets off Clint and helps him up.

"Yeah well, she was lucky. If it weren't for you, then I would've won that," Clint huffs, as he pats me on the shoulder.

I laugh. "No one can bet Nat though."

Nat grins and reaches down to give me a hug. "Well, one day, I'll teach you how to pin him down. But for now, why are you in here? Looking for something?"

I nod and look around. "I came down looking for Steve and Bucky. J.A.R.V.I.S said that they were here, but I don't see them."

" They are here, you just need to look up." I stare at her confused, so she points up to the top of the end of the room. Following her with my eyes, I see that up above was a viewing platform, where Steve and Bucky talking.

"Oh, I never knew that was there."

"Well, you can get up there by the stairs behind that door there. You should head up there now because Nat and I are going to be using our weapons this time and we don't want a stray hit to get you," Clint instructs.

"Alright, and it's okay if I watch?" I ask as I give Nat a hug.

"Course it is, Lexie, " Nat smiles," If it gets too much for you, then just turn your back."

"Alright." I give Clint a fistbump before running over to the door, and trying to open it.

"This door needs to go for a run," I huff as I heave the door open. Scampering up the stairs, I knock on the door at the top before entering. I don't know if Steve and Bucky saw me coming up, so I don't want to startle either of them, by appearing out of nowhere. Opening the door, I pop my head around it and see Steve and Bucky still talking but now looking down at where Clint and Nat were sparring, not seeming to have noticed that I had knocked. I watch them for a moment, before trying to shut the door loudly without slamming it to try to draw their attention without startling them.