CHAPTER 49

Our wedding wasn't your typical rich man's wedding. It wasn't held in a grand church or in our back yard. Instead, we had our very own Greek wedding. We were granted a pass to go to Olympus. It was held in Zeus' Parthenon as he is our presider. Only our closest friends and family came around—the Mikaelson family, Caroline and Bonnie and the rest of our Olympian family.

I wore a one-shoulder, cream number. It was a Grecian-styled wedding gown that flowed straight down to the bottom. My hair was up in a bun with a few loose curls out. I also wore a gold-headdress with curved layers.

 I also wore a gold-headdress with curved layers

Currently, I was waiting for my cue to enter the Parthenon with Elijah by my side

Currently, I was waiting for my cue to enter the Parthenon with Elijah by my side. I asked him to walk me down as I had no father-figure to do so.

"Nervous?" He asked me.

"No," I said, truthfully, "Well, I was when I was getting dressed but, Klaus handed me reassurance,"

"Handed you?" He questioned. I showed him the letter tucked in my hand. He read it before chuckling and handing it back to me, "I never thought my brother was a romantic,"

The wedding march started and it was our cue to enter. Unlike any normal wedding, Elijah only guides me until I meet Klaus before we walk down the aisle.

 Unlike any normal wedding, Elijah only guides me until I meet Klaus before we walk down the aisle

My dearest Persephone,

You have given me a life I never thought I'd have. You have blessed me with two beautiful children who I could never get enough of.

Elijah handed me to Klaus and Klaus handed me my bouquet. Elijah went to his seat as Klaus grabbed my hand and we walked on the aisle together. I saw our children being held by Rebekah and Marcel. They were giggling and clapping at the sight of us.

You have shown me a whole new world I never thought existed.

My Olympian family were on the other side. Apollo gave us an 'okay' sign, to where Artemis smacked him by the head. My mom stood with Aphrodite and Hera, attempting to wipe away the tears that fell on her cheeks.

You have shown me that my family and I deserve redemption. That it can be mended rather broken. I've never seen my siblings this happy. You are the cause of that.

I looked over at Kol and Davina, Rebekah and Marcel, Elijah and Tatia—they were glowing. You could detect the happiness in their eyes, knowing they have finally found romance and purpose.

I have waited long for this moment ever since I decided to make you mine.

We arrived at the end of the aisle, where Zeus stood in his Grecian tunic. He gave us a nod and began the ceremony.

"Persephone Forbes, do you take this man as your husband?"

"I do,"

"Klaus Mikaelson, do you take this woman as your wife?"

"I do,"

I love you, my love, my life...

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride,"

My wife.