Chapter 13, Food is life

When I wake up, bright light blinds me for a second

When I wake up, bright light blinds me for a second. I feel my head splitting open and as tradition, I let loose the dinosaur sounds before stretching and looking over at the open window.

Where the hell am I? I ask myself when I realize this is not my room.

"Good morning, Soon to be Fiance," I hear someone say.

I spin towards the sound and feel a heart attack coming on when I realize it's Xavier Jilten sitting at the chair and reading a book. He has the usual cocky smile, but no maroon today.

"Ughor gharrr!" - what the fuck are you doing here.

Xavier looks at me for a moment before getting up and handing me an aspirin. "Ughorrrl druh," - here you go, drink.

I let my jaw drop and slowly take the pill with suspicion. "Ho kuhr ghannn?" - you know the language of hangovers?

Xavier smiles and hands me a glass of water. "Ghorrr" - yes.

I take the glass of water and down he pill. When I look back at Xavier, I hand him a glare, but add nonetheless: "Tuhhhh," - thank you, because I still have manners.

When the pill seems to be kicking in, I finally manage to let reality set in. I'm at Xavier's place. He kidnapped me. He probably took advantage of me. The last thing I remember of last night is dancing with Blake. Oh god.. did... Did Xavier kill Blake so he can kidnap me and force me to marry him?

I try looking calm while I scope the room. There's a lamp. I can always use the phone... Or even that vase. What would be a good weapon?

I decide to go with the lamp.

"AHHHH!" I yell out and grab the lamp to smash onto Xavier, but it's still plugged into the wall and my arm does a whiplash before dropping the lamp. Xavier looks like he's holding in a laugh - only making me more determined to save the world and kill him right now.

"What have you done to Blake!" I exclaim before jumping up and tackling Xavier. We go crashing down on the floor - which is not soft, but I'm not complaining because Xavier's the one getting back problems from this.