Chapter 16

Sorry for the long wait guys. Kinda busy these past few days. Anyways enjoy and lemme know your thoughts. Have a great day 💗💗💗💗💗💗

############################

"Hey sleepy head wake up. Time to get ready," there came in a distant voice. Almost like a dream.

Why is it so hard to open my eyes?!

My limbs hurt so badly and I just couldn't move normally.

"Eve! You're gonna be late girl." I felt my body being turned around then I heard gasps.

"What the hell?"

"Oh gosh, her face!" Someone said. "And look at her neck!"

I tried prying my eyes open. To see what's all the commotion about. "Oh you better spit everything out Eve! Or I will force it out of you! Just tell me who I have to kill!"

Beth. Definitely Beth.

I groggily tried to sit up while rubbing my tired eyes. "What's going on?" India asked calmly.

"Why don't you tell us?!!" Beth again.

I ran my hand down my face and winced. I felt where it hurt, near my mouth. From the feel of it, I knew it was badly bruised up. Even my lips were cut.

What am I going to tell them now?

So much for trying to hide everything from everyone. Instead of trying to come up with something rational, I just remained silent and looked at my lap. The whole situation was embarrassing.

I couldn't trust myself to speak, afraid I'd break down. Before anything else happened I felt warmness surround me.
India did not hesitate to wrap me in a bear hug.

"You have to tell us what's going on Eve. Maybe we can help."
I enjoyed the warmth she let out for a few more moments. It felt amazing. Her words were comforting but there was nothing she could do to help.

"There's nothing to say. And there's nothing you and I can do so just let it go," I said sounding emotionless.

"You can't ta...!!"

"Please.....I....I can't lose you guys. Please, Don't ask." I looked into the eyes of the two girls I have now included as my whole world. 

"We can't just watch you go on like this! At least tell us what happened." Beth begged. I simply looked at her with tear filled eyes.

"Oh.....I....I see." She said with her expression seemingly defeated. Which wasn't like Beth at all.

"First thing's first. You need ointment on those bruises. I'll try asking some from Madame Odelle." India got up to leave.

No!! She can't know anything!

"India wait! Don't go to her I'm begging you! There should be some other way." Every word that came out of my mouth made the pain even worse.

The bottom half of my face started to really hurt but I couldn't risk Ms.Odelle finding out. One look at me and that's all it's going to take. "What do you mean? You need some sort of medication Eve! Don't argue about everything."

"She can't see me like this India. She just can't." I whispered.

"Come on you go get ready and have breakfast first." Beth said while helping me up. I wobbled a little before I was able to stand properly. "I'll get her to eat. You go to the garden and find something that could work as a herb to treat her bruises." India then left with a nod.