Arc 1.13 At the Top of the World

[Congratulations, host, for completing your first world!] 001 was genuinely surprised that Tian Xi actually one-upped Gu Yuan at the end.

He started to think that Gu Yuan was probably not a very bright veteran until Tian Xi poured cold water on his parade.

'The only reason I beat him was because he underestimated me as the other host whom he'd thought never showed up in front of him. No one put up a true struggle against him for the top, after all, and my approach was too contradictory,' she patiently explained to 001.

She had great momentum in the beginning when she boosted Tian Corp's revenue by leaps and bounds, which undoubtedly made him put up his guard. The software she developed in the beginning was undeniably the work of a host as well, so he knew the host was situated in Tian Corp.

However, it could have been anyone. 

The missions each host had could differ and they also could be the same. There was no real way to tell aside from being astute and figuring it all out for oneself.

When he had asked her who her developer was, she acted as the responsible temp-CEO who could not disclose confidential information, which efficiently shielded her from his question--there could have been an expert behind the scenes, or Tian Xi herself was a sly fox who was pretending to hide but was in fact out in the open all along.

Tian Xi knew that she was the most likely candidate for him but she made him truly disregard her when she proposed to him after boosting Tian Corp to such heights. Furthermore, no one else stood out even within her team of experts (obviously because none of them were actually hosts).

Why would he cross her off his list? Think about it. Right after their one-night stand, the arrogant diva Tian Xi quickly raised her status to match his so that she could propose marriage to the man who took her first time.

If her cover was too perfect, she would be too suspicious to him. Likewise, if she did not have enough evidence to prove that she wasn't a host, then she would also be too suspicious.

It took a hell of a lot of effort to maintain a good balance between too much and too little.

--is what she would like to say, but really everyone could see that she was either just sitting around or laying in Gu Yuan's bed most of the time.

Ultimately, she left him unable to confirm who exactly the host was until the very end. He he.

[Would you like to see your rewards and stats, host?] 001 asked.

'Of course.'

In the black and empty void space, her information was projected in front of her.

[List of Completed Missions and Tasks]

[Level 2 World Main Mission: Bring the family business to the top of the business world. Become the richest person in the world. Reward: 1000 points]

[Side Task 1: Be thoroughly fucked by Gu Yuan. Reward: 500 points]

[Side Task 2: Tongue-kiss Gu Yuan. Time Limit: 10 seconds. Reward: 200 points]

[Side Task 3: Watch a movie with Gu Yuan. Reward: 50 points]

[Side Task 4: Film a pornographic video. Reward: 150 points]

[Total points earned: 1900 points. Total points deducted: 0 points]

.

.