Chapter 58

Previously
"What's going on?" I ask, looking at my mom, my brother and Mason

"We're going on a date" Mason smiles

Now
"But I'm not dressed for a date," the stress is clear in my voice as I look at my outfit. A simple skinny jeans and a simple shirt.

My mom smiles brightly and takes me by the arm. I follow her upstairs to see Jade in my room, smiling.

"Where did you come from?" I ask confused

"When I dropped you off, Jay snuck me in through the backdoor and I hid in his room" she smiles

Before I can answer her, she has pushed me in a chair and starts curling it.

Meanwhile, my mom is skimming through my closet and is pulling out every single dress I have ever owned.

"No"

"No," I answer again

"Hmm, how about this one?" She asks me, but Jade quickly shakes her head

"That red one on the left" Jade says instead

"No! That was from when I was like what? eleven or something"

"Why do you still have it then?" Jade asks the confusion clear in her voice

"Because, I don't know" I whine

"Sit still, we have to get you ready in 20 minutes"

"Sorry"

I eye my mom and see her holding a navy blue dress.

Jade gasps from behind me and I know she is thinking the same thing as I'm thinking.

It's perfect.

"That's definitely the one" I mumble

"Chop chop children, we can't keep the handsome boyfriend downstairs waiting too long" my mom says, just as Jade finishes the last curl

I jump up and my mom helps me put the dress on. I completely forgot I had this one. I had bought it for the dance at my old school, but before I was able to wear it, we moved away.

It still fits perfectly.

"Can you keep the make-up light?"

"Sure"

Jade quickly gets started on it and 5 minutes later she's done. I look in the mirror and admire the image flashing back. Just 15 minutes ago I looked so casual and now, now I look fancy and it's a very weird sight. I almost never wear dresses, not because I don't like them. I just love my jeans a little bit too much.

My mom hands me black heels, but I quickly shake my head. Instead, I grab some fancy looking sandals and put them on.

"You look stunning" Jade mumbles and I blush at her words

"I couldn't agree more," my mom says, "I'll see you downstairs" she gives me a quick kiss on my cheek before going downstairs.