Chapter 34

Dedicated Chapter Song: Six Feet Under The Stars - All Time Low

I'm guilty, but at least I'm safe for one more day.
(Anna)

(A/N: SIIIIIKE!!! Gotcha guys good there, didn't I? Mwehehe)

At least... that's how Rika wished it could've gone. She wished he would've turned around and stayed. The truth was the second she had turned away to fight the men chasing her daughters, he'd taken off with them, switching them off with Ruby, who took them aboard the ship that Hanji and their allies patiently waited on before returning to help the others fight.

Levi returned to the battlefield without further question while Rika defended her friends (who still, mind you, had no idea who she was) and herself. Her eyes cascaded over as a loud shotgun bullet sounded off from a nearby rooftop, saving the life of Gabi Braun right before her.

When Rika glanced up she saw Sasha Braus in that new gear with a new haircut, aiming the gun at the girl. Gabi gasped and so did Sasha, and in the end, the young girl's life was spared— something that would come back to haunt Sasha in the future.

"This street is also blocked off," informed Connie, landing beside her on the edge of the roof. "Let's go, Sasha."

"Connie," Sasha spoke gently, holding a light bulb in her hand. "Did you forget about turning on the lights?" her friend glanced at her hand and nodded. "Ahh, I did."

One by one, Rika witnessed the Scouts flying high above the street, moving out of the ghetto and towards the more prestigious area of town.

"Jean," Sasha announced breathlessly. "The reinforcements won't be here for a while." Jean adjusted his gear. "I've pretty much held off the enemy too," he informed. "What about the light installations?"

"They've all been set," replied Sasha.

"Is our strategy going well?" questioned Connie.

"Now in that respect," Jean spoke. "for the time being we still have to subdue that 'War-Hammer Titan'. But— I don't know about that. It wouldn't be weird if something should happen, right?" he paused for a moment. "What happened prior to this battle? In order for us to figure that out...it can't survive this."

After leaving Rika to fend off Marley guards, Levi had safely escorted the twins to the blimp where they resided in Hanji's presence. Neither one of them was entirely fascinated with her as Valentina preferred to be alone while Aurora was gawking out the window. "Woah! You can see the Founding Titan and Lady Tybur from here!"

"Tck. Rory, back away from there. You could fall out," Valentina says from the other side of the blimp. "No, I'm not. I'll be careful." Aurora smiles. "Look, look, there are the others with those Wings of Freedom!"

"It seems you're quite the curious soul," Hanji smiled at Aurora. "So you like Titans?"

Aurora smiles up at her. "Nah. I don't like the Titans themselves. Just their history and their powers. Titans are scary."

"You say that now even though you were eager to inherit the Female Titan's power up until a month ago," Valentina states coldly. "That was until Mom said that Marley doesn't actually have the Female Titan. Nor do we have the Founding or Colossal Titans, right? Weird... I haven't seen the big one yet..."

"He'll make an appearance soon, little one," said Hanji. Aurora frowns, then glances out the window again with a gasp. "The Jaws Titans?! Porco! No!" she whines when seeing that Eren hadn't yet eaten Lady Tybur in her crystal, of which was similar to Annie Leonhart's.

"Don't worry, Levi will take care of him," Hanji states, pointing at the swift-moving figure already coming into view. Aurora's bright eyes widen at the sight of her father down below fighting.

"Wait... They're all going to attack at once..." Valentina says suddenly, and Aurora notices she had moved next to her after the mention of their father. "Go get him!" Aurora throws her hands into the air. "You can do it!"

"Rory, I don't think that's actually going to help..." her sister sighs.

"Look! There's Mom!" Aurora points to a rooftop right next to the blimp. Rika was down below, waiting for the blimp to get close enough to climb up onto. The second Rika was on board, her tired body laid against the cold floor as she coughed up blood. "Shit..." she breathed.

"Mom, you okay?" Valentina swiftly rushed to her side. "I...just haven't fought this much in years. I'll be okay." her eyes looked up to the woman who was once her best of friends. "Hey, you..." She said, wiping the blood from her mouth with her sleeve.

"Me?" Hanji's eyes lit up.

"Do not...under any circumstance..." Rika slowly sat up. "No matter what anyone says... Do not trust Zeke Jaeger."

Hanji's expression turned to befuddlement as she watched the injured woman's expression darken. "But... aren't you his wife?"

Rika carefully began to remove her contacts. "Hanji," she said sternly, shocking the woman in front of her. Slowly, she sat up and looked to Hanji with glowing blue and gold eyes. "Can you keep a secret?"

"It's the Beast Titan!" Aurora shrieked from the window.

Hanji's voice was stuck in her throat. "A-Anna?" she sputtered.

The woman before her reached for the medkit up on the wall by the exit and retrieved the roll of gauzes, beginning to wrap them around her eyes. "Do me a favor," Anna exhaled breathlessly. "and don't tell Levi. Actually...don't tell anyone."

Hanji looked in between the two girls. "And these two...they are...?"

"Aurora!" the light-brown haired child grinned.

"Valentina," said the raven-haired child.

"Ackerman." the twins spoke in perfect unison.

"Don't let them escape," roared the Beast Titan from just beyond their position on the ship. "Annihilate them."

And from a few meters away, Anna could very clearly hear her husband repeat the same words she'd last said to him.

"Don't die. Survive."

(A/N: Sorry it's a short chapter, guys. I've been busy and lacking motivation lately so updates are coming in much slower)

 I've been busy and lacking motivation lately so updates are coming in much slower)