Chapter 7

Violet's POV

I sat outside the CIA building while Rose went inside to report on what she had discovered about the sleazy Spades during our captivity. We had only been there a week and we already knew their favorite spot for arms deals and shipments. I knew it was a bad idea for Rose to be getting involved in any of this. If any of the Spades found out about her being an agent they would probably shoot us on the spot. I doubt Andy nor Stephen would stop them from doing so once they knew we weren't quite as innocent as they thought.

"How long is this going to take? I wish we had taken the car." I regretted our decision as I froze outside. I decided to keep walking back and forth to try to keep warm. I realized that I probably looked sketchy pacing in front of the CIA building, but only agents and their close friends and family knew that this building belonged to the agency. I saw the motion camera on top of the gate follow me as I paced and I rolled my eyes, feeling creeped out. Ever since that New Years party, we have been constantly watched. It was a horrible feeling. I would give anything to just go back to our normal, uneventful lives in our little innocent apartment. I was fortunate that my job didn't require me to go to work every day. I told the paper that I was working on a story and I would need a few weeks out of the office to follow some leads. Unfortunately, that was not true. If I didn't come up with a good story soon I would be out of a job.

I could write a piece about the Spades. After all, I did have an inside look at their operations. But I wasn't so sure I wanted to. Honestly, I just wanted to forget they even existed. But that wasn't possible because Andy, being the controlling asshole that he is, never lets me be alone. So if I want to go out somewhere, one of the guys must accompany me. Even in the house if I'm alone in a room he makes sure to keep an eye on me. The lack of privacy I've experienced in the last week is revolting.

It had been at least half an hour. My toes were freezing even through my fuzzy socks and boots. "Rose where the hell are you?" I asked myself as I took a seat on the curb to rest my legs. I saw a car approaching. It was a black SUV. I groaned and rolled my eyes. I got up and hid behind a bush and texted Rose.

-They're here. get out now.- I said.

"Violet? Is that you?" Someone called. I froze behind the bush. "Violet I saw you run to hide. what the hell are you doing?"

I peeked out and saw it was Jeff. he was alone in the car. "Oh hey, Jeff! I was just sitting. I needed to be alone for a minute." I tried to play off. I hoped Rose would come soon.

"You know you shouldn't be alone. Especially this time of night. It's 1 am. get in the car. Andy and Stephen are out searching. Where's Rose?"

"She just went into that building to go to the bathroom." I pointed at the hotel next to the CIA one so he wouldn't know. Plus there was a large gate to the CIA building that definitely wouldn't just let some girl in to go use the bathroom.

"Well get in and we will wait for her," he instructed. The car looked warm and inviting.

"No thanks. We will stay together. don't worry we are safe!" I said and he shook his head.

"I'm not leaving here without you. If you'd like I can call Andy to come and get you instead." I groaned and climbed into the car.

"I do not want to see Andy." I shivered as the heat warmed me up.

"Is he the reason you two took off in the middle of the night?" He asked. I stared at him. He had such an innocent face. His big brown eyes stared into mine intently.

"No, he is not the reason. We just needed to get out for a while. Being trapped in that place isn't exactly pleasant." I explained and he frowned.

"I know. And I know Andy doesn't make it any easier for you."

"He has some strange infatuation with me. He won't leave me alone!" I said. I frowned remembering the times that we kissed. He was so sweet then. But that was just a moment of niceness. It wasn't who he really was.

"Do you want him to leave you alone?" He asked and the car grew silent. I didn't have an answer. I didn't like Andy. He was rude and constantly bothering me and a jerk. But when I think about him, and I think about his eyes and the way that he saved me from that Cobra it just makes my stomach get into knots. And when he kisses me I just get speechless. I don't know why but he makes me speechless. Luckily I didn't have time to answer because Rose opened the back door of the car.

"Hey, Jeff when did you get here?" She asked.

"He came looking for us. I explained that we were out for a walk and you stopped to go to the bathroom in that building." I pointed to the hotel again. She nodded, seeming to understand what I was saying.

"Oh yes. Well are we going back to the house or what?" She asked and he gave me a strange look and then pulled down the street. I felt relieved as we drove down the road.

"Jeff. Let's just not tell Stephen or Andy that we snuck out. We just needed some time alone. We weren't running away. We aren't that stupid." I said. I didn't want to face the wrath of Andy once he found out that we left without his knowing. I knew he would be pissed.

"I'm not saying anything to anyone. Just go to your room and go to bed." Jeff said and I smiled.

"Thank you," I said as we got out of the car and hurried into the house, up the stairs to our room. We hurried to get into bed and try to sleep before Andy and Stephen got back.

"I will tell you about what happened tonight some other time okay? Sorry I was in there so long." She said.

"It's fine. I just want to sleep." I said rolling towards the wall and closing my eyes.

Around 3 am the bedroom door swung open and smacked the wall loudly. I felt someone shaking me and I fluttered my eyes open. It was Andy.

"Where the fuck did you go?!" He asked. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"What are you talking about. I'm sleeping." I said. I saw Rose wake up and sit up on her bed.

"Don't lie to me. I know you two ran off tonight. Where did you go?" He demanded. He looked angry and I saw veins popping out behind his various neck tattoos.

"Andy shut the hell up. We are trying to sleep. We have been sleeping." Rose yelled and he glared over at her.

"Where did you take her?! You know it isn't safe to just run off while those Cobras are out there." He stood up yelling at Rose.

"Those Cobras are nowhere to be seen. Open your eyes, Andy. No one is after us." Rose yelled. I stayed silent and rolled my eyes. Those two were always at each other's throats.

"Yes, they are! Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not there. And tonight you dragged yourself and Violet into danger for what?"

"We went for a walk. It's not pleasant being under surveillance all the time. we needed a break!" She shouted.

"You don't get to decide when you leave this house." He yelled at her and I saw her getting angrier. I knew something was about to happen. She raised her hand and swiped it across his cheek.

"You are not my father. You don't get to tell me what to do!" She yelled and I saw him step towards her. I stepped in front of Andy and looked up at him pleadingly

"Seriously guys?" I said annoyed.

"You might want to go let Stephen know you're safe. he was just as worried as I was." Andy gritted his teeth and spoke to her. She rolled her eyes and exited the bedroom. Once she left Andy hugged me to his body. I was shocked. I didn't hug him back. "I'm so glad you're okay." He said. This guy was so mood swingy. I pushed him away and walked back to my bed.

"Please go. I want to go to sleep." I said as I got under the covers and faced away from him.

"You want me to leave?" He asked. I looked over at him and propped myself on my elbow.

"Yes? Why would I want you here?" I asked. He glared at me.

"Good thing I don't take orders." He smirked and sat on my bed. I rolled my eyes and shut them.

"Andy, please. Just leave me alone." I said and I felt him place his hand on my leg.

"I told you I can't do that."

"Why not? I don't want you here. And I'm not so sure you want me here either."

"I told you you're staying here," Andy said. I looked deep into his eyes.

"I don't want to be here! Honestly, Andy, I'm pretty sure the only reason you're keeping me here is that you know I hate it here and you enjoy making me miserable. I hate you." I said and he frowned. Why was he upset? I was the one who was upset.

"You don't have to like me. But I know you don't hate me."

"I wish you never saved me. You regret saving me from the Cobras so why did you?" I asked angrily. I sat up and faced him.

"Violet I don't regret saving you. Why would you say that?" He asked. He looked so confused.

"You said it yourself. Maybe you should've just let the Cobras kill us at the warehouse."

"I never said that! I would never say that." He said and I got angry and pushed his hand off my thigh. I had enough of him.

"Yes, you did! In Todd's office." I yelled at him. He stared at me and smirked.

"Is that why you're so angry with me?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and curled my legs up so he couldn't touch me.

"Just go away, Andy."

"Violet. I'm not leaving you alone. When I said that I was not talking about you. I was talking about your sassy friend who enjoys slapping me."

"That's not what you said," I said sadly.

"I would never say that about you. I'll save you from them every day if I have to." He said and I looked at him shocked. He stared at me smiling and I glared.

"Why are you like this?"

"Like what?" He asked confused.

"You are so mean to me and so cold especially around the others and then you get me alone and you give me that look. Why are you looking at me like that?!" I practically yelled in his face and he smirked at my loudness.

"What look?" He asked.

"That one! Your 'I'm a nice and sweet guy' look." I scoffed.

"I'm not trying to give you a look." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You are so aggravating! You know exactly what you are doing. How can you go from being so cold and mean and screaming in my face to...this?" I asked and he tilted his head and looked at me. "I hate you, Andy. I wish you never saved me because keeping me hostage in this house is like hell on Earth. I just want you to go awa-" I was interrupted by his lips crashing into mine. I was taken by surprise yet again. This kiss was different. It was more passionate and I don't know why, but this time I kissed him back. I was fuming but I took out my anger by kissing him. I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him on top of me as I laid back on the bed. He smirked and kissed me harder.

"You hate me huh?" He smirked and looked at me with those sparkling eyes. I caught my breath and realized I was still angry so I slapped his chest.

"Who told you it's okay to just kiss me like that? I was yelling at you!" I said and he smiled at my anger again.

"Hey, you kissed me back this time. I don't think you would've pulled us into this position if you hated me." He smirked. I groaned and rolled out from under him.

"So what? You're just trying to prove a point?" I asked and he shrugged. "You're so manipulative. You can't mess with me like that Andy!"

"Mess with you? Don't tell me you're starting to catch feelings for me, Sweetheart." He joked and I felt a strange flutter in my stomach. I felt my cheeks heat up and I glared at him.

"Fuck you, Andy," I said trying to get up and walk away from him. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his lap. "Let me go!"

"Stop trying to get away from me."

"No! I don't want to be here. You're pissing me off so much. I'm going to find Rose."

"Violet." He said softly.

"What?!" I yelled back at him. He looked at me carefully and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'm sorry." He said. I stared in disbelief. I never thought Andy would apologize. Why did he act this way? I just stared at him. I didn't know what to say. I stopped trying to get away from him and he took one hand and tucked my hair behind my ear. "I know I'm an ass ok? But you can't leave. Please." He said. I looked at him trying to see if he was just messing with me.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I don't want you to leave. I shouldn't have said that the Cobras could just get you. Or your aggressive friend. So, I am sorry for hurting you when I said that. But please stop trying to run away from me."

"I appreciate your apology Andy but I don't want to stay here. I'm miserable. I want my life back." I said and he frowned and leaned his head against my chest. He looked like he was surrendering to me.

"I know. I will try to make your stay here less miserable. But you have to stay here. I need you to stay with me." He said softly looking up at me. Stay with him? Why was he being so sweet? His kind words tugged at my sensitive side. If he was just saying this to mess with me I was going to kill him in his sleep.

"Are you messing with me?" I asked and he looked at me appalled.

"No. I'm serious." He said without any facial expression. I believed him.

"Can you let me go to sleep now?" I said. He smiled and nodded.

"Of course. Please don't run off like that again." He said.

"I won't run off again Andy. I promise." I got off of his lap and turned to him. he didn't move. "Aren't you going to your room?"

"I'm not leaving you alone. I'll just wait until Rose gets back." I smiled at his sweetness. I climbed under the covers and leaned over to kiss his cheek. He looked at me shocked.

"Okay fine, I don't hate you," I said and he smirked at me.

"I never believed you did." He said. "And you can complain all you want about me touching you without being asked. I know you like it." He said as he grabbed my thigh from over the blanket. I jumped and slapped his hand away. He was back to his regular self.

"I don't actually. If I liked something, you would know." I said sternly. He leaned close to me making his face just inches away from mine. My blood heated up and I felt my heart pound at him being this close. He usually kissed me by surprise so I never got the chance to get nervous with anticipation.

"You mean like this?" He smirked and gently kissed me. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. His lips were so inviting and he smirked before slowly pulling away. "I know you love that," he said and I blushed. Speechless once again. "Get to sleep Sweetheart," he said as he got up and went to sit in a chair across the room. I rolled to stare at him and he just looked back at me.

"You're just going to sit and watch me sleep?" I asked, kind of creeped out. He shrugged.

"I don't want you to be alone." He said and I smiled. He could actually be sweet when he wanted to be.

"So you're just going to sit in the chair and watch me? I can't sleep knowing you're watching me!" I said and he chuckled.

"Would you rather I got in bed with you?" He asked. I felt my stomach tighten at his offer. "Relax. I only meant to sleep." He said and I glared.

"I'm not sure I trust you not to pull anything on me," I said. He got up and walked towards me.

"Move over." He instructed. I couldn't believe he was getting into bed with me. I scooted towards the wall and he climbed under the blanket. I tensed up as he draped his muscular arm over my stomach. "Relax Violet. I'm not going to do anything to you." He got close to my neck and whispered: "Unless you ask me to." He smirked and pulled me into his body, gently kissing my neck making goosebumps appear all over my body.

"Something tells me you enjoy doing things without being asked." I joked and he shook his head and rolled his eyes. I closed my eyes and was almost asleep when I heard him speak.

"Are you still afraid of me?" He asked quietly. I almost didn't hear him.

"I don't know Andy. For some reason you actually make me feel safe sometimes." I said and he smiled and hugged me to his body. "But I do still think you're an asshole," I added making him chuckle. 

"I can live with that. Goodnight Sweetheart." He said and I closed my eyes and fell asleep in his arms.