Chapter Fifteen {Become One}

Harmony and I stayed long after Henry and his group left. Not one of them noticed us sitting there on our date, or at least not Henry, not that I had noticed. I big part of me wanted to take my phone out a shoot him a text, ask what he was doing and see if he'd be honest in his reply. But I knew that wasn't something a friend would do, plus I couldn't just take my phone out while on a date with my girlfriend, it would be rude.

It was a little after ten when I dropped Harmony at home, and it being a weekend her parents made their regular monthly trip out to their cabin for some "bonding time" (My guess was they were both into some kinky shit and didn't want their daughter hearing it. I could be wrong though.) So per usual we both got out of the car and made our way into her house where, if I was lucky we'd just watch a movie for an hour, she'd pass out and I could go home.

But naturally nothing was in my favor and we'd ended up in her bedroom. It wasn't that I didn't find Harmony attractive anymore, she was hot, smoking hot with a great body. But I just never had that drive for her. Sex felt more like a chore and even though it seemed like she enjoyed it. I never really did.

And that would make me fight with myself more. Why didn't I enjoy it? All of my friends would go on and on about having sex and how great it was and what girl did what best and all of that, while I just sat there and laughed along with them but never really gave them insight into my sex life.

Heck, even watching porn didn't turn me on like it was supposed to. I had made myself stop watching straight porn for the fact watching a man drill into some chick wasn't that applying to me and girl on girl just made me cringe.

I didn't get it. Is this what it was like for everybody? Was there something wrong with me? After Harmony and I were finished I went home and took a shower before bed. And as I laid there with my phone beside me scrolling through facebook I had this urge to text Henry and see what he was doing. I couldn't sleep and he lived within walking distance of my house.

Matt: "u up?"
12:02am

I didn't want to sit there and wait for a reply so I got up from the bed and started looking for something to wear, even if he didn't reply my plan was to go for a drive.

And then two minutes later my phone pinged.

Henry: "No."
"Why?"

12:04 am

Matt: "Want to go 4 a drive?"
12:05am

Henry: "It's past midnight Matthew. Go to sleep."
12:08

Matt: "I cant Plzz"
12:10 am

Henry: "Ugh."
"Fine."
"Pick me up in ten."

Ten minutes later I was sitting in my car in Henry Oswald's driveway with my music low waiting for him to come outside. It only took two more minutes until Henry was jogging to my car in gray sweatpants and a white a t-shirt, a black leather jacket, and his hair pulled back into a messy bun at the back of his head. Once he was in my car he ran a hand through his hair and looked at me with a nervous smile. "Mom's out on a bing and Glenda's sleeping. As long as I'm back before four we should be fine."

"What happens at four?" I asked as I pulled out of his driveway and started towards town.

"Nothing, I just want to be asleep before five."

"You're really no fun, you know that right?"

"If I'm no fun then why am I here?"

I know he was just joking around, nothing about what he just said was serious. But it made me think. What was he here for then? Why did I invite him out? I had friends, I had Liam, and Brody, Night. I could have texted any of them all of them were online and all of them wouldn't question a late-night car ride. So what made me message Henry?

I couldn't answer it myself, because I honestly didn't know. I just knew I wanted that friendship we once had to come back. Being with him so often made me realize how much I missed being around him.

We drove around for about twenty minutes until I finally stopped the car and got out at Hillmen's Park Elementary. It was where we'd both gone to school and the yard was pretty big and empty so we didn't need to worry about some masked man jumping out of the bushes to saw us in half.

We'd walked until we hit the small ball diamond at the end of the field and we both stood beside the bleachers Henry leaning back on the stairs as I stood in front of him, feeling a tinge of regret for not wearing a sweater.

The air had a chill to it, one that was all too normal for mid-February in the mountains. I'd actually been surprised that it hadn't snowed in the last couple of days because we'd fallen into the negative teens more than I could count and my long sleeved shirt wasn't doing its job.

"So you called me out to sit in the park like a pair of losers?" Henry smirked his hands sliding into the pockets of his leather jacket.

"I just needed some air and I figured you'd make good company. No idea why I thought that." I joked smirking as Henry scoffed playfully.

"What, didn't get enough air while you were out with Harmony?"

My face heated up as I looked at the smug look on Henry's face, a pit of nerves pooling into my stomach. "We didn't really spend much time outside."

"What's wrong Matthew? You look like you just saw a ghost?" He was being playful. I could hear the teasing in his voice, but he still had me on edge. Like I'd just been caught with my hand in the cookie jar.

"It's nothing."I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

Henry nudged my shoulder giving me a real smile. "I'm just messing around with you." He laughed, settling into a cheeky smile. "But next time you're going to watch someone while they're out with other people eating, try and be less obvious yeah?"

"I-" My face heated up more and I cursed myself knowing full and well that I was blushing as red as a tomato while Henry just laughed for a second longer. I watched him as he did, his hair falling out of his bun in some parts while he took a hand from his pocket to push it behind his ear, his eyes twinkling as he opened them again and looked at me. It was only now I'd noticed our height difference. Henry was leaned back on the pole to the stairs and our eyes were level with each other. He was maybe an inch taller than me, nothing that would make you really aware of it. But as I studied Henry I couldn't help but notice it.

I couldn't help notice the way he leaned back as if he was in the most comfortable spot, how he had laugh lines under his eyes and around his mouth, how his green eyes had turned to a more hazel now that it was darker, the dull brown hiding the greens. How he had stopped laughing now and his eyes were on me, just like mine were on him. Or how my body seemed to move on its own as it leaned in closer to him. How Henry's eyes seemed to change as I got closer. They darkened, his mouth opened as if he was about to speak but instead no words came out.

I couldn't put into words what was happening to me. My body moved on its own as I watched Henry, watched him as he watched me. Like our eyes were dancing together. He'd look into mine, I'd look into his, he'd look at my lips while I looked at his nose, his cheeks, his mouth.

HIs mouth, it looked so soft, his pink lips looking like they were going to become chapped with the cold. All I could think about was how I hated the idea of him being cold, that it was my fault and I should warm him up. That I was a crappy person for even making him leave his warm house.

We kept watching each other until our faces were closer than need be. Until our breath fanned the others face until our noses bumped and our eyes closed. Until our lips touched and our bodies became one.

 Until our lips touched and our bodies became one