Chapter 10

Jungkook

Jungkook began growing nervous as time went on with no word from Taehyung. It was now 1, so three hours since he left. The trip to the student bank on campus even on foot would have taken twenty minutes and doing the transaction would have taken ten even with a long line of people, so where was Taehyung?

Yoongi-Hyung and Jimin had already gone off, wanting to give Jungkook privacy so he was all alone in the house waiting for Taehyung to arrive. 

After waiting for 30 more minutes he couldn't wait any longer. 

"I don't want to seem too overprotective..." Jungkook thought to himself as he pulled out his phone and pressed a few buttons. Sure enough, Taehyung wasn't anywhere near the bank.

"Wait. Junestone Park?"

Jungkook eyes widened and his heart stopped. He stared dumbly in shock at the phone as he thought over the implication of Taehyung's whereabouts.

Taehyung was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and sweats. Taehyung was outside wearing a long-sleeved shirt and sweats. Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's long-time crush and the sweetest angel to ever live, was outside in the snowy and negative degree weather wearing a long-sleeved shirt and sweats.

Suddenly jolting out of his trance, Jungkook flew about the dorm pulling on a heavy fur coat over his hoodie and sweats, grasping a thick wool blanket in on arm and a matching fur coat in the other as well as an extra scarf for good measure. Then, he raced out the door.

Taehyung

Taehyung was lucky. It was so cold that he did feel numb. Physically and emotionally. The snow continued to fall heavily around him as he sat on the bench at the thankfully not closed park. He couldn't think. The cold wind froze up all his thoughts and all he could take in was how numbing the snow was. How beautiful the park looked covered in snow. 

Taehyung stared at a tiny barren tree near the bench, decorated with yellow lights and the pure white snow and he couldn't help but think that it reminded him of himself. With the embellishments, the tree looked pretty, but underneath the frosty snow and twinkling lights, it was actually a dull, lifeless, twig, barely hanging on. Taehyung was tempted to go over and brush the snow off and take off the lights just because he wanted to do the same to himself. But even if he didn't deserve all the love and gifts and attention the "BTS" group was giving him, at least he should let the tree have some. 

Taehyung began to grow sleepy. He struggled to keep his eyes awake. He knew that it was dangerous to fall asleep in the freezing weather...but...but...he just wanted to forget and sleeping always seemed to help with forgetting. Yes...forgetting...that seemed...

Jungkook

Jungkook was basically in tears as he took in the sight before him. Taehyung was lying down on the snow covered bench violently shivering, eyes closed. His heart was beating so fast he was probably on the verge of a heart attack. 

Racing towards the shivering angel, Jungkook immediately began wrapping the fur coat around his thin, shivering frame along with the thick blanket and tried to shake him awake.

"Hyung! Hyung! You have to wake up!! You can't sleep here!!" he practically screamed.

Please. Please. Wake Up. he prayed over and over in his head.

Finally he felt the boy stir in his arms, eyes groggily fluttering awake.

"Jungkookie?" Taehyung faintly mumbled.

"Yeah, I'm right here. You need to stay awake for me, okay, Hyung?" Jungkook frantically prodded the boy awake when he tried to close his eyes again.

"For you..." 

Jungkook picked up Taehyung in his arms and placed him in the passenger seat of his car, turning up the heater once he got inside. He glanced worriedly at his Hyung who was still violently shivering. 

"Hyung...why..." he stopped himself, however. Taehyung seemed to be in no condition for answering any of his questions. 

Upon reaching his dorm, Jungkook carried Taehyung all the way, ignoring the alarmed looks from the doorman and other guards. Lightly settling Taehyung down on his bed, he immediately set to work to get the boy as warm as possible, piling blanket after blanket after peeling off his wet clothes and replacing them with Jungkook's. Once Taehyung's shivering died down and he was fast asleep, Jungkook finally left the room and settled down on his couch with a long sigh.

He wasn't sure what to think right now. He was still shocked, unable to get the image of Taehyung shivering in the heavily snowing weather. But on the other hand, he was angry. 

Jungkook wasn't stupid. He was praised for his brilliant mind, so it was quite obvious to him what had occurred. Taehyung must have felt frustrated or unwanted in some way which made him want to be by himself. It must have had something to do with his mother, bank account, and financial issues because he didn't return home most likely because it would serve as a bad reminder. So the only logical conclusion would be that Taehyung was at the park shivering to death because he felt like a burden or poor or disgusting in any way. And who was behind all of this? Kim JeNa.

Jungkook frustratingly ran his hand through his hair. Kim JeNa. Oh how he wished to rip her to pieces for hurting Taehyung for so long. How could anyone even think to hurt someone so pure and angelic?

He decided that he couldn't just stay and watch as Kim JeNa continued to tear into Taehyung's life, so he picked up his phone and dialed the first number.

"Hey, Hyung? Yeah, we need to talk."