Birthday

I was sitting reading my book when it was taken out of my hands.

"(Y/n) we have a mission. You may come if you want."

"Sure let me mark my page."I did so and we left.

"What is that thing around your neck?"Al asked.

"It's a tag so when I go in the building the guards know who I am."

"Oh... Cool."

"Yeah.... What even is this mission?"

"A Ishvalen named Scar was sighted. So we need to see if he is still around." Ed explained.

"Ok."We walked around a bit and I heard an explosion. We ran towards it. It was an Ishvalen. I stepped back behind Al and then a few steps.

"AS LONG AS YOU STAY SAFE!"

I couldn't go back on what Ed said. So I watched Ed fight. They had gone to some alley. So and Al ran over to them.

"Scar, is the bastard that killed your parents."Gran said sadly as we were at the Rockbells graves.

No... He... He's the one who killed them. They were never around when I got back... But they didn't die until a year before Mrs. Elric... She was like a mother to me.... She treated me as her child.. Scar is the reason... The reason I never got to meet them... I could feel the tears on my face. I had fallen down to my knees. It was to much. A group of people from the army came. But they did nothing. I looked up and saw a pistol. I had shot a few things before... Gran taught me how to for self defense... I looked up at Scar. Then back at the gun. I took the gun and stood up. I pointed at him.

"Stop!"

"(Y/n)-"

"No he killed my parents before I could ever meet them!"I teared up. Scar stood there looking in my eyes.

"I never would have thought... But you do have the same spark as your mother."Scar said.

"(Y/n) put the gun down."Ed said.

"Put it down... Please."I started to bring it down when I fell to my knees. Scar had escaped. Ed walked over to me.

"Sshh.. It'll all be okay..."

"You couldn't do it could you?"

"Your hands weren't meant to hurt.."

"But to love and care for..."

"Like when you healed me before and after I got my automail..."Ed took two of my fingers off the gun.

"When you started teaching Al how to take care of people."He took another off.

"Or when you would heal yourself at the tree. And just let it all out."He took another off.

"When you delivered coffee to the others, or when you stayed up making little Elicia's dress."He took off the last one. He threw the gun to the side and hugged me. I couldn't help but sob into his shoulder. I hugged him like he was fading away.

"I know you feel sad that you never met your parents... But that doesn't mean you don't have a great family now... Life made you go through so much pain... So just sit here and enjoy the good times.."We sat like that for a good hour then I let go. I rubbed my eyes.

"I'll head back to the hotel you go and tell Roy what happened."

"Okay are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Yeah..."I walked back to the hotel. When I got there I started working on Elicia's dress. After a few hours I finished. Elicia's party was tomorrow. I decided that it was time for bed. I slept and woke up early just like yesterday. And changed into a maroon dress with knee high black boots and a black choker.