12. under the same roof (Lilac + Azure)

His name is Azure. Her name is Lilac.

Together, their parents arranged their marriage. Since they do not have lover(s), their parents decide this marriage will work out.

Thus, without further ado, a wedding ceremony is held and a marriage is finalised.

To the expectation of a failed marriage from all around, aside from their parents, this pair of husband and wife decide. So be it.

"Look at you, so handsome!"
"Thanks, Mom,"

"He is a good man. Won't you be happy?"
"I will be, Ma,"

Their first meeting is a week before the wedding. A date set up by their parents, who are humane enough to not spy on them. With a blind faith that they will show up and go on the date, the man and woman are given an address and the promised time.

The first to arrive is the man. Followed soon after by the woman.

"Hello," asking a server, while standing by the door, the woman asks loudly, "Is Azure here?"

The man standing before her turns around, "That's me. Are you Lilac?"

"That's me," repeating after the man, the woman smiles fleetingly, "Nice to meet you,"

"Likewise," having a fleeing smile himself, he gestures to a table, "Let's take a seat and have lunch first,"

"Good. I am rather hungry," saying so, the woman steps inside, "Who is paying?"

"I don't mind paying, if you want me to," shrugging easily, he walks to the table on the corner, a little away from other customers

"7:3 bills, 3 on my side," the woman decides, following after him, "Rather short on money right now. If we are continuing the date, I want to go to ATMs first,"

"Sure," the man agrees easily

"You are rather easygoing, aren't you?" calling him out on it, the woman takes a seat across from him

He laughs, disagreeing, "Not really,"

To be able to laugh while being disagreeable, she is convinced her assessment is right. So, after a pause, she realizes they have yet to formally introduce each other.

"Lilac," offering her hand over the table, the woman says

"Azure," accepting her offered hand, the man replies

"Isn't she beautiful? You are lucky she agrees to marry you,"
"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dad,"

"Come back home once in a while,"
"Of course, Pa,"

Their wedding is not extravagant. They invite only their immediate family, and those who have the time to attend, since the wedding is held on a weekday.

Exchange of vows and exchange of rings. Plus, a chaste kiss. The ceremony is over.

What is left... Is the honeymoon.

"I didn't know we have one," Lilac says, waving to their parents and guests as Azure drives the car away from the church

"Last minute decision," Azure replies, glancing at Lilac briefly while driving, "I hope you don't mind. We are going overseas for my work for a bit,"

"Oh, so it's because of work," Lilac nods, making herself sitting comfortably with her wedding gown in the car. She also puts the bouquet of flower on top of her lap.

Speaking of the bouquet... "You didn't throw it," Azure notes

"I like the flowers," Lilac replies, a little sheepish, "I also forgot to throw it,"