19.Fairy Godmother

"I don't think I heard right" I said staring at the woman claiming to be my fairy godmother.

"No. You heard right. I'm a fairy and your godmother making me your fairy godmother" she said.

"You knew my mother?" I asked.

"Yes dear. We were the best of friends, almost like sisters. It's the reason I'm your godmother" she explained.

"Oh" I replied unsure of what to say.

"Now. You want to go to the ball right? Good" she said not giving me a chance to reply.

"Let's see. A carriage. You need a carriage" she exclaimed and begun to wander around the garden.

"I know!" She suddenly cried out. She pointed her wand at the tree and chanted a lot of nonsense. I watched as the broken tree began to transform.

The bark curved and became the bottom of the carriage, the doors, and the benches. The roof was made of the hanging branches of the tree. It wasn't the prettiest or most elegant of carriages, but in my eyes it was perfect.

"Now the driver, the horses, and everyone else" she muttered as she walked around. Poor, helpless animals were transformed into people. I started to internally cheer when the annoying birds were turned into people. I immediately stopped when they began to sing. With that complete, she began to wander once again.

"May I ask what you are looking for?" I inquired.

"I don't remember dear" she admitted. She stared at me and continued to stare. I begun to squirm under her gaze.

"Ah ha! The dress" She yelled so suddenly that I jumped and almost fell.

"Now let's see. Maybe green? No. Orange? Oh no that wouldn't do at all. Hot pink? Oh no that would be dreadful" she contemplated and continued to list out different colors.

"May I suggest blue or silver?" I finally said. She stopped talking to herself and looked at me.

"Yes. Those would look nice on you" she said. She pointed her wand at me and muttered the magic words that I still didn't understand.

I watched as my dress repaired itself and it's shape began to change. It became an off the shoulder ballgown. The top of the dress was a silvery blue and the blue slowly faded away until the bottom of the dress was a sparkly silver.

"Now the hair" she said. I felt my hair twist into a braided high bun and something appeared on my head.

"It's a silver tiara" my fairy godmother explained.

"I'm sure it's beautiful" I said.

"Now, the shoes. Take yours off dear" she said. I slipped off my shoes and stood their waiting for her to do something.

She pointed her wand and begun to speak. This time, the nonsense that she uttered seemed to be longer and more unintelligible.

Transparent shoes appeared on my feet. The pair of heels were beautiful and slowly, they winded up my legs and leaves were created. In the end, it was as though see through vines had been attached to the shoes and twisted around my legs.

"They're beautiful" I gasped in awe.

"They're crystal. Magically enchanted to not break. The vine like design will disappear at midnight along with everything but the plain, crystal heels. Don't ask my why. Magic works in mysterious ways. So, leave before midnight and hide the shoes when you get home. Also, the tree will repair itself and become immortal and indestructible. One again, don't ask why. The animals will be returned to their homes immediately. The dress will disappear forever. The shoes may be hard to wear without the vines to hold them in place. I believe I've covered everything. Now enjoy the ball, dear. I'll make it a point to visit more often" my fairy godmother said.

Before I could blink, she had disappeared. I looked around to make sure she wasn't hiding and one I was sure that she was really gone, I climbed into the carriage. It started to move and I stared out the window.

"Wait!" A voice shouted and the carriage came to a jarring stop. I got out of the carriage and saw my fairy godmother had appeared once more.

"I almost forgot" she said pointing her wand and uttering random words. A flash of bright light surrounded me and momentarily blinded me.

"There. Now your stepmother won't be able to recognize you" she said.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed as I ran to her. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug.

"You're welcome dear. Now go and dance with your prince" she said. I let go and got back into the carriage. I glanced out the window hoping to see her again, but my fairy godmother had already disappeared.

The carriage started to move once more and I continued to stare out the window. In the distance, I saw the castle all lit up. Soon, I would be there and I would be able to see him. I would be able to see Anthony once again. I just hoped that he would forgive me for suddenly not showing up to our midnight conversations.

Author's Note

Hey everyone! First off. Thank you to @Rupatie27 and @Jules2205 for adding this story to their read lists. Notice how they added my story to their read lists while you still haven't, retro_wonderwoman . I'll be thanking people throughout the rest of the story, so please add this to your read lists, vote, and comment.

Now, I thought I mentioned this before, but I looked back and didn't see it. So, after this story ends, I plan on starting another fantasy story. I'm still working on the concept, but when I figure it out I'll let you guys know.

Also, I've reached three hundred reads. So this time, I'll be putting up three parts. One for every hundred reads. Definitely not because I'm trying to end the story soon...cue nervous laughter. Anyways, this has been a really long author's note. Once again please vote and comment. Till next note

-Panda12Panda12
P.S. I would write a story with pandas, but I don't think I'd be able to do my love for them justice