18. an engagement (Tokie + Shin)

Supporting us for 10 years, until I become a 16-year-old, and then giving us a time limit of 10 years too, which means I will be 26-year-old. That's right. Instead of engagement, it will be the most appropriate age for a marriage.

Huh. Jumping straight to marriage?

"Even without the inventions, we will get the name," Shin frankly tells me of what his family think about this investment, "While it's true that Mikagami family doesn't have other good inventors besides the great inventor Tokie Mikagami, your name is still worth a lot,"

I know. I know that.

"Hey," Tokito gives Shin a sharp glare, "Don't insult Tokie,"

"I am not insulting her," Shin shakes his head as he genuinely tells us, "This is a trade. Plain and simple,"

"Even though we might not like each other, we still have to get married if I can't reach the quota?" I confirm again with Shin

"Something like that," Shin nods repeatedly before heaving a sigh, "To be honest, I think it's not fair to you... And to me too, of course. What if I have someone I like later?"

"That's true," I nod in understanding because something like that could have happened to me too, having someone that I like

Tokito heaves a sigh, "For now, Shin's family will support us... Using Shin's support, let's us do our best to make sure we have the inventions ready by the time they want it, Tokie,"

Taking it easy. Something Tokito said before can't be applied to us anymore, can it?

"Yes, yes," Shin nods while crossing his arms, "I will help as much as I can, so just do your best, all right!"

There is still something I am wondering, "So, Shin and I, we are not engaged?"

"Nope," Shin shakes his head, causing his braid to fly slightly, "We are still single! But, by chance you want to find a boyfriend, please keep in mind of what might happen once you turn 26,"

"As long as we reach the quota, everything will be fine," Tokito is adamant that I do not end up in a miserable situation, 20 years later

"That's right, that's right," Shin agrees with Tokito easily

Understanding this much, I bow to Shin, who is surprised. Even though there is a catch, I am thankful that Shin is willing to help us. Thus, I convey my gratitude, "Thank you,"

After I raise my body, I see that Tokito is also bowing to convey his gratitude too. Shin is a little flustered. It's funny to see him blush at us.

Coughing and clearing his throat, Shin then tells us, "Don't mind it too much. You are my friends. Of course, I will help you,"

After calming down considerably, Shin then sincerely tells us, "I am honestly quite surprised to know how much the Mikagami family's quality has fallen..." without any ill will

"It can't be helped," Tokito replies with a shrug, "The people before us were all idiots,"

Shin barks out a laugh. Quickly stifling his laughter, Shin then asks, "So, are you two idiots too?"

"I'd like to think we aren't," Tokito replies swiftly, "Since we are your friends, after all,"

"Hee, using me as the parameter? How smart of you," Shin can't seem to stop giggling

I smile lightly at how much Tokito and Shin are enjoying their banters.

Noticing me, Shin then tells me to pick a doll I want. His treat. I naturally decline his offer.