Missing You

"Hey, where's Tyler?"

I turned from my locker towards the voice. I saw that it was Seth who was behind me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I don't think he's here as yet."

Seth watched me with a confused expression. "When I saw you, I thought he was here. You guys always come together."

"I left home early this morning." I stated before bringing my voice to a whisper. "And besides, we don't need to come to school together anymore now that our fake dating has come to an end."

"Are you serious?" He asked in shock.

"Yeah. What did you expect?" I asked confused by his shocked expression. "And what's the big deal anyways? You should have known that it was going to come to an end sooner or later."

"Yeah but..." He said trailing off.

I finished getting my books from my locker and closed it. Turning to face him once again, I lifted my eyebrows at him in question. "But what?"

He shook his head. "Nothing."

"Right." I said brushing aside Seth's weird behaviour. "Well, I've got to get to class."

He nodded his head before giving me a salute. "I'll see you then."

Shaking my head at him, I turned and walked to my class.

++++++

I was sitting in English class, when Tyler enter the classroom. It was the first I was seeing him since I left his house yesterday, so I was a little uncomfortable to meet his eyes.

As he entered, I held my head down and pretended to be scribbling something in my notebook.

What surprise me however, was that he came and sat beside me. I was shocked even. I didn't expect him to because he hated to sit at the front. I normally have to force him to sit up here with me so that our dating would look authentic.

I thought that since he had a choice now because we weren't dating anymore, he would've sit at his usually seat at the back but he didn't.

I slowly turned my head to the left and looked at him. When I did that, he looked at me with a small smile on his lips. Seeing his smile caused my heart to skip a beat before beating rapidly.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hi." I returned.

It seems like he was about to say something else, but decided against it. After a while, I realized that we were still staring at each other, so I turned my head away and focused my attention back in my book.

I didn't know that this would've been so hard. In the beginning of our deal, I had thought that when it ended we would've gone back to our regular lives without any complications. I would totally forget about him and he would go back to being a womanizer who I will avoid like the plague.

Yet, this was the complete opposite.

Seeing him right now, brought into perspective how much I miss us being together even though it was fake. I miss talking to him and I miss being close to him in an intimate way. I couldn't explain it, but he had become my confidant; someone who I could talk to about anything.

I mentally shook my head from those thought. I couldn't afford to think like that. I need to get him out of my thoughts. That was the best thing for me. It hurts too much to think about him.

Okay Emily, you were only fake dating. It doesn't mean anything. I thought to myself.

The sooner I got that into my head, the better. It won't be easy, but maybe eventually I will get over this.

The teacher came shortly after that and class began.

++++++

At the end of the school day, I decided to walk home. I left school as soon as the bell rang, because I knew that Tyler was going to offer to drive me home and I didn't want that. It's not that I had anything against him, because I didn't. I just wanted to be by myself for a bit. It still hurts thinking about him being with someone else and I also wanted to come to grips with my feelings.

I needed to control them so that I could carry on with my normal life. I didn't want to embarrass myself by allowing Tyler to find out that I went and did something stupid by falling for him.

After seeing Tyler in English class, I only saw him once again. I was at my locker getting my books for last period when I just decided to look towards the end of the hall. As soon as I did that, I spotted Tyler looking at me. He was surrounded by a group of his friends. When I had looked up at him, he dropped his gaze and turn back to his friends.

As I walked, I couldn't help but think about all the times we had spent together. Reminiscing about all these memories brought a smile to my face. I definitely miss those times.

I miss how he would constantly tease me, the way he hugged me as if we were a loving couple and how it felt when he kissed me. I did enjoy his kisses a lot.

But to him, it was just a kiss.

I sighed. Why did this have to become so complicated?

Since I spent the entire journey lost in thought, I reached home quickly. When I opened the front door, I saw Sarah sitting in the living room reading a book.

"Hi Sarah." I said as I closed the front door behind me.

Sarah looked up from the book she was reading. "Hi sweetie." Her eyebrows then furrowed as her eyes focused on me. "You look tired."

"I'm fine. I'm just a little out of breath because I walked." I explained.

"Why? Where's Tyler?" She asked confused.

I didn't tell her or Dad that Tyler and I are no longer dating. I wasn't ready to tell them yet. However, she knows that I'm always here with Tyler, so me walking must look a bit weird. I came up with a quick lie. "Tyler had something to do at school." I said casually. "He wanted me to wait, but I really wanted to walk. It's cool actually. The air felt good."

Sarah smiled. "Okay, that's good then."

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I remembered that she wasn't feeling well this morning.

When I went down to the kitchen this morning, she was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for me. However, a few minutes into doing so, she left the kitchen in a hurry to throw up. When she came back down, I had finished preparing the breakfast and was eating.

"Yes I'm feeling much better, thanks. Don't worry, it's normally on some mornings I feel like that. It will soon pass though." She assured me.

"That's good." I said. Honestly, I couldn't imagine throwing up all the time even though I know that it was a good sign that the baby was developing properly. "I'm going upstairs to start on my homework." I added as I walked to the stairs.

"Okay." Sarah said as she went back to her book.

That night, I was in my room reading a book when a movement through my open window caught my attention. I shift my focus from the book and looked through the window into Tyler's room to see him walking across his room shirtless.

I watched him for a few minutes, before I tried to focus my attention back to my book. I also didn't want him to catch me staring. After a while, he disappeared from my sight. I'm guessing he went inside his bathroom, so I turned my gaze away from the window completely.

Not in the mood to read anymore, I closed the book and rest it on my nightstand table. I then got up from my bed, turned off the lights and went to sleep.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: Hey! 😊

I hope you like! 😁

Please don't forget to show this story your support.

Stay home and stay safe ❤🙏

Alecia