第4章

Please do vote and comment:)

Edited

They stared at the beautiful lady in front of them that could definitely cause the downfall of a nation. Chen Lao Ye had never seen Jing Yi before because after the death of his wife, he used work to distract himself and never paid attention to Jing Yi. Which he greatly regretted now.

Chen Yu had carried and cooed his baby sister before, and he dearly missed his baby sister after she was sent to the village. Within 15 years, the little girl had grown up to be such a fine lady.

"Jing Yi..." Chen Lao Ye called out, his voice slightly shaky as his breath was stuck in his throat. He felt like he had greatly wronged this daughter of his by sending her away to a far relative. But he didn't want her to be caught up by all the scheming affairs of the court.

Jing Yi wasn't sure how should she respond, she had never experience family love and wasn't sure how to reciprocate his feeling. She awkwardly stood there, and gave Chen Lao Ye a smile.

Chen Lao Ye felt a pang in his heart as his baby girl won't even call him father. Chen Yu notices the change in his father, and lightly patted his shoulder.

"Father don't be upset, Jing Yi is still unfamiliar to us and needs time to warm up. Let's give her time" Chen Yu said as he smiled at his little sister, he was helping her ease the pain in his father's heart as she wasn't sure how.

"Let the servants bring you to your room. Let's eat dinner together later." Chen Lao Ye said softly to Jing Yi as though she was a precious gem that would break easily had her even raise his voice slightly.

"Thank you." She said softly. To Chen Lao Ye just a little voice that was directed to him would already make him extremely grateful. His smile widens as he called for a maid in to bring Jing Yi to Mi Tian[1] courtyard.

[1]: Honey Sweet

"Jing Yi XiaoJie, the journey here must be tiring do you want me to prepare some snacks for you? Or do you want to take a bath?" The maid asked.

"I would like to take a bath, what is your name?" Jing Yi asked.

"This humble servant is called Si Yun." She replied.

"En. Please help me with the bath" As Jing Yi was escorted into her room, Si Yun quickly headed out to prepare the bath for Jing Yi to bathe in.

She walked into her bathroom, and the tub was filled with warm water. She dismissed Si Yun and took off her own clothing, before entering the bathtub. She sinks into the bathtub, unable to feel the heat from the water. She was again accompanied by the cold icy feeling within her.

She took her time and showered, afterwards she put on her baby pink silk hanfu.

"Miss, would you like me to prepare some snacks for you to fill your stomach?" Si Yun asked.

"En."

After Si Yun had left to prepare her snacks, Jing Yi loiters around her backyard. There were beautiful trees of magnolia, beautiful pink flowers bloomed on the trunks of the tree. The sudden wind picked up some petals, that floats with the wind in a carefree manner.

Jing Yi stood below the tree as she looked at the gorgeous and beautiful garden, in a gentle movement she sticks her palm out as she collected the beautiful petal onto her hand.

"Eh? Who is that?" A voice asked.

Chen Yu who was entertaining his friend turn towards the direction and saw his little sister, "ah, that's my little sister Jing Yi"

"Little sister? Since when did you have a little sister?" The guy's eye stared daggers into Jing Yi's back. The delicate and elegant little figure under the magnolia tree with her pink hanfu looked like a magnolia fairy that had descended down onto earth, capturing all attention.

"When we were young, in order to keep Jing Yi out of the scheming affairs of the court, father sent her away to a far relative house to take care of her. Recently, due to her coming of age he bought her back home." Chen Yu explains, he looked over at his friend's entranced look, a smile floats onto his face and he lightly shakes his head.

"Have my cold-hearted friend finally set his eyes on someone?" Chen Yu teased.

"Introduce us." He spoke in his commanding voice as he eyes never left her back.

Jing Yi who was under the magnolia tree had felt this constant nagging feeling in her heart as she felt a strong stare from behind her.