Chapter 44

Forged Emotions

I feel cold.

Opening my eyes a little but I was greeted by these white walls and a small light next to where I'm lying down.

My body feels cold but my hand is warm. Someone is touching it.

The windows are closed and the roller blinds are down. But I can tell that it is already evening.

Suddenly, my eyes widen and quickly placed a hand on my tummy as I started to panic and my eyes went down to see someone leaning on side of the bed while touching my hand.

Caius quickly raised his head, he must have felt me moving and tensing up so he quickly stood up. "Hey, it's okay. You're alright. Calm down." his voice is soothing but there worries and sadness registered in his eyes.

"T-the baby?"

"It's fine. The baby is safe." he whispered. "The doctors finds out that you're two weeks pregnant."

Relief washed over me. I'm pregnant with his child. I have a little angel inside me. I wanted to cry in joy but I don't know how to. No more tears came out but I know that I am very happy to know that.

It is actually sounds weird that he is staying here with me while he is working in this damn hospital.

Then my hands dropped to my side and looked away from him to let my eyes roam around the familiar place.

"Here again, huh?" I scoffed, bitterly.

"Shanaya..."

"The last time that I was lying here in this hospital was a few months ago when I found out that the guy that I love and my best friend cheated on me." I murmured, smiling painfully. "Can't believe that it just happened again."

Caius grabs my hand and kissed the both of them. "No, no...please don't say it like that."

"Then how did you want me to say it?" I sharply retorted. "Do you think I will end up here if nothing happened?"

"Please, calm down, baby. This is not good for the baby." He plead, leaning closer to me. "I love you...I love you and our baby." he kissed my tummy this time.

The scene cannot process in my mind. He is losing his coolness. I have never seen this softness and tenderness from him.

"You have a child with Laureen, Caius. Don't expect me to take it easily." I glared at him, taking my hands away from his hold. "Oh wait, I can't take it."

"I know...I know, baby. I didn't know what I was thinking that night when I came over to her place. When she called me once we arrived here, she was crying and I...I was still soft for her. I still cared for her even if she hurts me many times. She was drinking and almost committed suicide. I sat down for a drink with her and I didn't know she puts a drug in my drink and I just lost conscience. That's it. I can't control my body and made my hungry for her. It was... It was horrible. I badly want to go back to that night and stop myself from coming to her doorstep. I should have just stayed home with my wife. I badly apologize, Shanaya. I'm so sorry." he kept on kissing my hand as if he really was begging for my forgiveness. He kissed the wedding ring that I'm wearing right now.

And the sight is like someone is touching my heart.

I finally cried.

But I love him.

And he loves me back. I'm scared and I was hurt badly. I feel like I'm being cheated all over again by the people I loved. Why?

Why do I have to feel this?