#15

Jungkook was sitting in the cafe with his girlfriend, catching up since they hadn't met in a long time. And why hadn't they met? Because Jungkook kept cancelling to spend time with Taehyung. He didn't even know why he did it, but he wanted to spend time with Taehyung. No matter how long he was around the younger, he still wanted more time with him. There was something about Taehyung, that Jungkook just couldn't figure out. It made him want to know more. He unconsciously frowned as he remembered the way Taehyung basically ran away from them, a hint of sadness in his eyes. As much as he tried, he couldn't get his mind off of the younger, only hoping that everything was okay.
He had to force himself to give his attention to Yoora, who was talking about something that Jungkook thought was important considering the way her eyes got bigger. They had been together for almost three months know, and Jungkook knew everything about her. He loved her, or so he thought. It surprised them both when he cancelled on her and surprised them even more now when he told her he would catch up with her later, considering he had somewhere to be.

"I'm sorry, Yoora. I just remembered I have to get back to work, can we meet later?"
She was amazing, understanding and sweet. All the things that made Jungkook fall for her in the first place. "Of Course, babe."

Jungkook smiled, hating himself for bailing on someone so perfect, but he couldn't help himself. He couldn't get rid of the bad feeling that was clouding his mind.
They walked out of the cafe, hand in hand. And Jungkook was about to walk away when he internally cursed himself for acting like such a dick to her. He turned around and grabbed her by the waist as he gave her a long, passionate kiss showing her how much he missed her. She blushed as she looked down, and they said their goodbyes.

Jungkook shoved his hands in his pocket as he searched for his phone. He pulled it out and dialed Taehyungs number, only to receive no response.

From: Kookie

'Hey, where are you? Is everything okay?'

*read 11:47pm*

Jungkook sighed, maybe he's just tired and wants to be alone. He walked back to his house, thinking about the sketches he saw a couple of days back. They never left his mind, but he could never find it in himself to ask the younger, scared that he might hurt him. He'd never want to hurt Taehyung.

'Maybe he didn't like Yoora,' Jungkook thought, but immediately shook the thought out of his head as he realized Yoora was amazing and Taehyung was too sweet to hate on anyone he didn't know yet.
He sighed as he kicked the stones on the way to his house, thoughts shifting from Yoora to Taehyung.

What was he even doing? He loved Yoora...didnt he?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Taehyung avoided Jungkook for the next week, dodging his calls and ignoring his messages. He knew it wasn't Jungkooks fault, but he couldn't help himself. I mean, who could blame him? He was heartbroken. He didn't know if he could stand being around Jungkook anymore. It was Taehyungs fault really, he knew Jungkook was straight, he shouldn't have had any false hope.

He was sitting inside the volunteers room in the cafe as he continued to sketch, humming to himself. His eyes were swollen and red, he hadn't slept for days. He tried, but everytime he closed his eyes the image of Jungkook kissing Yoora would pop into his mind and steal his sleep away. He found himself crying everytime he thought about Jungkook, maybe he was too deep in feelings.

He was sketching his new picture, a picture of a young boy walking alone on a road as he looked up in jealousy at two love birds sitting on a tree. He flipped the pages over and saw his sketch that he started making of Jungkook walking with him, but decided to skip it and start a new one as it didn't make sense anymore. He sighed as he looked at the sketch of Jungkook, it looked so perfect, so real. It was almost finished too. If only things hadn't gotten messed up..

Jungkook had enough. He was losing his mind wondering where Taehyung was or what had happened to him. He couldn't help but think of the worst. He was so worried, and so scared. He skipped his practice as he rushed out the door, into the cafe, ready to demand an answer from the younger. 

He pushed the door harshly, not bothering about the weird looks he was receiving.
"YAH! KIM TAEHYUNG!"

The grandfather that owned the cafe came rushing out, "sorry, can I help you?"

Jungkook shook his head, "No. I just NEED to see Taehyung RIGHT NOW."

His jaw was clenched as he made his way to the room Taehyung was apparently sitting in. He reached the door and heard silent humming, and smiled to himself at the beautiful sound. 'No, Jungkook. You're mad at him.'

He barged into the room, and Taehyung looked up at him, eyes doubling in size as he realized it was Jungkook. He looked so gorgeous, hair swept back, leather jacket and ripped jeans. Ugh, why did he love torturing Taehyung?

"YOU!" Jungkook pointed an accusing finger at him, "WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME?"

Taehyung flinched at Jungkooks loud voice, it reminded him of his dad. He backed away from Jungkook until his back hit the wall, body shaking. Jungkook was startled, immediately losing all his anger.

"S-sorry, p-please, I'm s-sorry," Taehyung whispered, hands coming up to cover his face as tears started forming in his eyes.
Jungkook was so worried and so concerned, all he wanted to do was protect the younger.

The walked towards Taehyung, gently reaching out for his hands that covered his face. Tarrying shut his eyes and bit his lip and Jungkook sweared he never felt more broken than how he felt when he saw the boy shaking in front of him.

"Hey, hey, I'm sorry. It's okay, shh."

Jungkook placed Taehyungs hands on his chest, as he wrapped his own around Taehyungs waist. Taehyung felt his heart beat increase as he realized he was hugging Jungkook. "Listen to me, Tae. Breathe for me."

Taehyung nodded into Jungkooks shirt, hands reaching up around the elders neck as he tried to slow down his breathing. "That's great, just like that", Jungkook encouraged.

He rubbed circles on Taehyungs back hoping that would calm him down, and it seemed to do the trick. Several minutes later, Taehyung pulled his face way, embarrassed. "Sorry, I just d-don't like when people yell. It makes me sc-scared." Taehyung confessed. Jungkook wanted to ask why, but decided that now wasn't the best time.

He nodded, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled. I was just.... Mad. Why are you avoiding me?"

Taehyung sighed and tried to get out of Jungkooks grip, but the elder wouldn't budge.
"S-sorry."

"I asked you why, Taehyung." Jungkook stated, a sudden dominance in his voice and Taehyung felt things he shouldn't be feeling.

He bit his lip, trying to come up with an excuse when Jungkook spoke up again, "Are you annoyed that I didn't tell you sooner? About Yoora?"

Taehyungs heart hurt at the mention of her name but he kept his cool, he thanked god that Jungkook came up with an excuse before he had to. He didn't want to lie to Jungkook, but he wasn't ready to tell him the truth. Not yet.

"Y-yeah, it's just I thought we were best friends, so.."

Jungkook tightened his grip, "We are. I'm sorry, I don't know why I didn't tell you. I promise to tell you everything from now on."

Taehyung nodded, finally getting out of Jungkook grip and he felt like he could breathe again.

He would never let it slip that he was in love with Jungkook, oh, Jungkook, why do you have to be so dense?