Chapter Twenty: A Shifty Situation

"Rachel! Get your ass out of bed, for god's sake girl ,its 12:30!" Bobby yells down the basement stairs. I lift me head up from my pillow, strands of hair falling into my face.

"But Bobby! It's Saturday!"

"It's Tuesday!"

I laugh and swing my legs off of the bed. Looking into the mirror, I run my fingers through my hair. It was getting darker, but not by much. After the whole vampire case thing I took a week off, plus Cassidy had to let her wrist heal. Luckily, it was only a sprain so she didn't need a cast.

When I finally make an appearance upstairs Bobby is on the phone talking urgently to someone. Probably playing FBI or something. My stomach growls angrily and I decided food is a good idea for me to have. There is warm bacon in a covered skillet and bagels in the cupboard. Thankfully, I remembered to get cream cheese when we had went shopping the other day.

After pouring a cup of cold coffee on some ice, I sat down and ate my brunch. Cass came wandering in soon after, an old Polaroid camera in her hands.
"Whatcha' got there Cass?"

"Bobby and I found it in the attic. We were up there looking for one of his thousand spirit books. I guess somebody had come across a nasty poltergeist or something and they needed advice." She reached over and took a piece of my bacon. Don't kill her. Don't kill her. I thought to myself as she munched. She was protective of Lucky Charms and I was protective of almost all food, at least when it was mine.

"Well that's pretty cool. Does it work?"

"Yeah, I need more paper though. I'm almost out."

"We'll have to run downtown and see what they have." She nods and sits down across from me, still tinkering with the camera. "How does your wrist feel?"

"Still fairly bad, but not like it was. Da-" she cuts herself off, not finishing her word before quickly resuming, "Sam, Sam says that I'll need to keep it wrapped for at least two more week." I let her almost slip up slide without a comment but smile and acknowledge her response. Returning to the bacon and bagel, I hear footsteps coming down the hallway and soon Bobby appeared in the kitchen, looking more stressed than usual. An instant red flag goes up inside my head.

"Are you okay?" Cass inquired looking up from her camera,

"Go pack your bags girls." Bobby instructed without answering Cass. He walked over towards one of the cupboards and began pulling out boxes of ammunition and an assortment of other things.

"Bobby, what happened?" I asked, hoping for an actual response.

"We're going to go help on a case." The answer was flat.

"Who's case?" Cass set her camera down, and her full attention was on the conversation.

"Is it Sam and Dean?" I questioned further. Bobby shook his head. Why wasn't he just giving us a full briefing? "Well, then who's is it?" Bobby stopped what he was doing and turned back to us.

"Its Bentley." Neither of us said anything. "He is in deep and its going to hell. Now will you please go pack your bags? I want to be out of here in 20 minutes." Without any other questions, Cassidy and I got up from the table and headed towards our rooms. I took the last of my bacon with me.

Opening the door of the safe room, I stepped inside. My bag was pretty much still packed. I only had a few things that needed to be put back inside. My mind kept running over the millions of scenarios that Bentley could have found himself in, which definitely wasn't helping my anxiety by any means. Taking a few deep breaths to calm my nerves I changed into my typical outfit and tossed my hair up into a messy bun. Putting my boots on, I walked upstairs, bag in one hand, my ipod in the other.