Chapter 22- The Quidditch Match

I awoke peacefully the next morning. That didn't last long though, as I remembered the event that would be occurring in a matter of hours. I started to shake as I walked over to the bathroom. I looked up into the mirror and saw I was a sickly green. I couldn't let the Gryffindors see me like this. I calmed myself, and willed my face go back to its normal colour. Unsure whether or not my metamorphagus powers had assisted in returning normal colour to my face, I smiled and got dressed in my Quidditch robes so I could head straight to the pitch after breakfast.

I walked up to the Great Hall and headed over to the Slytherin table. The chatter in the Hall was loud, everyone was talking about today's upcoming match, Slytherin vs. Gryffindor. People were arguing, or even making bets, over who would win. I'd already bet Fred a galleon we would win.

I made my way over to the end of the Slytherin table, where the rest of the team was seated. I smiled sadly at my friends, letting them know I had to go over. When Harry arrived, he did the same, going over to his team. I arrived at the end of the table, where Marcus, and most of the team were smirking evilly at the Gryffindors, I knew they didn't play fair.

I sat silently and ate my breakfast. I wasn't necessarily going to play fair, but I sure wasn't going to go and let then hurt my brother. I watched as they mocked the Gryffindors from afar, and I looked sadly at Harry and the twins. It wasn't long, though, before talking to my Slytherin teammates soon put me in a taunting mood, and I soon smirked at Fred and held up one, shining galleon, and twirled it over in my hands.

We all finished breakfast quickly, and headed down the pitch. We were all dressed for the game already, but headed to our dressing room regardless. We sat impatiently awaiting Flint's instructions.

"Okay guys," he started, "we've been training hard for the past four days. All the time we've had to train our new seeker. I think we've done extremely well, and we can easily kick some Gryffindor arse!"

The whole team put one fist in the air and hollered loudly.

"Wait!" I called as the team was about to walk out.

The team turned around to look at me, I hadn't moved a muscle. I was still leaning against the wall, my arms crossed and one foot crossed over the other. I stood, but didn't uncross my arms.

"Do not hurt Harry," I sneered.

"But-"

I raised one eyebrow, looking Lazzaro straight in the eye, daring him to challenge me. His eye narrowed, but dropped it after a glare from Flint.

"Fine."

The team huffed and I received a few glares, but no one argued. Marcus raised his eyebrows but didn't question. I knew it was simply because he didn't want to lose his seeker. Satisfied that Harry was safe, I nodded curtly.

We walked over to the doors, brooms in hand. My sleek, shining, Nimbus 2000 stood out broadly against the old school brooms, and even the few brooms that'd been brought from home. The doors opened and the seven of us flew up high into the air and cheered. The Slytherins cheered with us. We dropped back down and took our places in the starting position.

"Now, I want a nice clean game from all of you," Madame Hootch declared. I huffed- like that would happen. Her words, as I thought they would, received a few subtle eye rolls and quiet snickers from both teams.

She opened the crate and released the snitch. It flew in front of my face and went around my head; it then flew over to Harry and did the same before shooting off elsewhere into the field. Hootch then released the bludgers and seconds after that, threw the quaffle into the air. So the game began.