Chapter Twenty Two

I know its been a long time - and I apologise, but life has overcrowded me and i'm unable to update any stories besides this one due to the point I want to as the depth is something i'm delving deeper and deeper into. The only other story i'm going to be updating is Missing Aura of Homra. I apologise. In the future I might be able to return properly, but Uni starts in a few weeks and more important things are demanding my attention.  

However, while this chapter is more of a filler - explaining some more details that many have answers for, I need to give a warning for upcoming chapters that may have some dark moments that may trigger a reader or two. This is a clear warning - and will be posted on the next few chapters as well. Leaving details like that out can really alter a story and change the view.

This chapter is safe of the triggers - but next chapters won't be so light. So, after a long wait, The Senseless Dragon Slayer continues!!

__

In the distance, the laughter rings out. Two male exceeds chasing each other around in the long, tall grass which easily dwarves them. The rising sun the reason for their joy. The reason for their happiness.

Well... its a part of their happiness anyways.

"Stop! Miki! Fuckkkk that tickles!" A male exceed laughs, pushing the other male away who grins as he hits the floor. Michiko standing on the side lines, a smile on her face, an egg in her paws. Her gaze often flickering to the cliffside where two silhouettes are.

Their distance kept, their conversation silent. 

"Ey Ey Ey!" Michiko laughs, narrowly dodging her brother who was tripped up by a tail which shot out from the left. Her  attention solely on the egg she's holding and guarding. The markings flashing consistently with every heartbeat.

A simple spell to show the life building and growing inside it. 

"She's right, we should be  heading to Ezeit and Valvia. Let's go." Cin grins, pulling aside the tall grass and taking the egg from Michiko and pecking her cheek. "Shall we?"

"We shall." Michiko replies, Miki nodding in agreement.

Meanwhile, upon the cliffside, "Why are you not wanting to join Thundering Fenrir? They're... so nice to us..." Valvia murmurs softly from Ezeit's back, her head tilting side wards, blind eyes closed. "You'd not have to wonder everywhere then without a bed."

"I don't trust them." Eziet replies effortlessly, bumping her up a bit further on his back as he walks along the hillside. "I smell lies from him. If the dragon of truth was still with us today, he'd say the same. He taught us rarely, but remember, he taught you to see a liar."

"I... cannot see a liar. He... never taught me to sense a lie with my nose... or hear it in the tone of a voice." Valvia murmurs softly, nose twitching as a butterfly lands upon it. "Pretty little... thing... it has wings... like Father."

"It will die Valvia, just like a bubble." Ezeit grumbles. The butterfly's wings slowly crumble into dust which is caught on the wind before the body bursts into flames. "Butterflies pop like bubbles."

Valvia frowns, eyebrows furrowing and mouth quivering. "Did it... fly away?" 

"Yes Valvia. It did."

"But... I want to see it... I want to see it." Valvia's tongue pops from her mouth as she bites onto his shirt and tugs it upwards - as if playing tug of war with it before releasing the fabric. Her eyes opening, only to peer in loss towards the horizon before closing them again. "I can't seem to imagine the guild mark here..."