Aftermath: (Fin)

The air in the maze arena s very still. The tensions were beginning to build. Harry and Cedrick had grabbed the cup and disappeared. Where had they gone? Were they going to come back? Was this simply part of the task? Flure and Viktor both wait outside the maze sitting on the grass bandaged and treated of the many wounds they had received inside the maze.

"what do you mean they went missing?" Viktor grumbles directing a hateful glare at mister Barty crouch and his associate who were supposed to have overseen the Triwizard tournament.

"this wasn't part of the task." Barty mumbles keeping his voice low as if people could hear him but they could not from that distance. "we are still trying to figure out where they went."

"first jade goes missing and now Cedrick and Harry. This is odd." Viktor mumbles to fleur. "I wonder what's going on?"

Not even a moment later a bright flash erupts near the entrance of the maze and Draco and Jade roll across the ground. Harry appears with Cedrick but the two of them don't move. There are gasps from all around the arena but nobody comes down to the field yet. Viktor jumps up out of his seat and rushes to harry. "potter!" he calls excitedly.

"g-get away!" harry yells swatting away viktor's hand. "leave us alone!"

"us?" Viktor questions stepping back one step. It's then he noties Cedrick under harry and he pauses staring wide eyed.

Ludo pushes his way past Krum to get to harry he picks up the cup and loudly announces. "ladies and gentle men the champion of Hogwarts! Harry potter has won the triwizarding tournament!"

Harry looks up but remains clutching Cedrick.

Jade and draco scramble to their feet and go back to harry to help him. "potter?" draco mumbles.

Amid the cheering of the crowd one voice could be heard. "my son!? My boy?! What has happened to him!?" it was Cedrick's father he had seen Cedrick's lifeless body in harry's arms while everyone else had been all too excited and hadn't even noticed. He makes his way through the now silent crowd until he reaches harry and he falls to his knees. "Cedrick? What happened mister potter?"

"Voldemort is back..." harry replies looking down at the ground. "I I was there but I was powerless to save him I'm so sorry."

The poor elder man weeps for his loss. Many people begin to gather near the champion and it soon begins to become crowded.

Viktor grabs harry by the shoulder and directs him towards the room where they had prepared for the task. Quietly the few of them slip away from the mass of bodies. When they reach the room harry slumps onto a chest of supplies and stares into the distance. "harry?" Viktor asks. "what you said. Is it true? Is he really back?"

Harry doesn't offer any sort of response so draco answers for him. "yes Viktor, it's true. Voldemort is back and he killed Cedrick..."

Jade begins crying which causes draco to pause for a moment and then he sighs and glances at krum. "I doubt you will get a response from her either."

"jade?" Viktor asks anyway.

"she just found out she is a blood relative of the dark lord and he was this close to touching her." Draco replies holding his hand up to show a small distance.

"how did you escape?" Viktor says looking at Draco.

Draco sighs again and looks at the floor. "harry's quick thinking saved us for now."

Viktor seems to understand the weight of everything and while he still burned for more answers he knew better then to push these three who had just witnessed a horrible action. He decides to leave them alone for now. "I'll keep everyone out while you guys take a moment."

"thanks." Draco replies slumping to the floor with his back against some quidditch equipment. they sit there in silence for an hour until mad eye moody comes to find them. the three don't notice mad eye until he grab's harry and leads him out the back way. Jade and Draco decide to let harry speak to the professor so they leave the room only to find Dumbledore and Snape looking for harry. 

the moment Draco tells Snape harry went off with the dark arts professor the two teachers bolt away like they had super important business to attend to. it's revealed the moody who had been teaches classes all year was actually mister crouches son Barty junior, who also had placed harry's name in the cup to try to kill him. when that hadn't worked he enchanted the cup so harry would be sent to the graveyard to be killed by Voldemort. and when they had escaped from Voldemort Barty had decided to kill harry himself. 

Snape and Dumbeldore arrive in time to save harry and stop barty junior sending him back to askaban where he belonged. 

(thanks for reading and i hope you will on like the next book! harry Slytherin 5 on it's way!)