Ch. 27 - Decided

I need your votes 😇😄

Enjoy ! 😍

-------------------------

"Zed ..."

Beta Allen is known for the passive look that's always plastered in his face.

"I need to talk to you about something."

"Come inside. I guess, I can offer you a cup of coffee and a plate of goodies."

I nodded. "Where's you wife and the pups?"

"They're in the mall. Grocery..." He moves fast. After preparing two cups of steaming black coffee and a plate of cookies and brownies, he took a seat in front of me.

I cleared my throat. "Beta Allen----

"Is this about the unfinished talk you have with the Alpha?"

I nodded once again.

"Take a bite and a sip first before you ask me something."

My eyes closed as my taste bud savored the heavenly taste of his wife's baked cookies.

"Zed..."

My attention is now back to him. Goddess, this baked goodness is truly distracting.

"Yes, Beta?"

"Why are you so into Pink's back? Are you mates?"

I was caught offguard. Seriously? Isn't that supposed to be my line?

"Yes Beta. So you see, the reason why I'm here is I wanted to know why she's an unofficial member of this pack? why she's still a rogue and a help under our land? Why does she have those scars that I know aren't battle scars? And why did she said she got it from people close to me?"

He looked straight in my eyes, it's as if he's having a mental argument.

I tried to pursue him. "Beta Allen, I need to understand and evaluate the situation. Who's behind it?"

"Why didn't you claim her? Are you afraid to disappoint your father?"

I tried to say something but I guess my brain is suffering from mental block.

He shook his head. "I'll only tell you what you wanted to know if you'll promise to claim her. If you plan to reject her then I guess this conversation is just a waste of time. I care about you Zed, I'm sorry you're torn but make your decisions first so I can make mine."

"Beta----

"Do you want to claim her? or you plan to reject her?"

Claim? Reject?? I closed my eyes and searched for Zac. He on the other hand votes for claiming. I drew a deep breath. What will my father say? Will he be pleased?? Of course not. He'll think I'm a big fur of disappointment.

"Zed, if you reject her, do it now. And by the way, forget about your questions abd you know the way out..."

He's about to stand when I stopped him. "Why does it feels like you're pressuring me?"

"Zed, you wanted me to spill some of the confidential details I know about your mate and your father. My loyalty should be on him but if you wanted to claim your mate, then I guess I could bend my loyalty a little. Yes, he's my alpha but you're
like my son. I have my mate so I won't act too hypocrite. Decide now or let's talk some other day. You're choice."

What the fuck! I'm damn torn. Looking deep into Beta Allen's eyes makes me realize one thing, he might be impassive and all but he's fucking happy.

I sighed. "I'm going to claim her once I fixed all of this."

He gave me a brief smile. "Then it's decided. Now you Listen..."