33. A Creepy New Roommate

[Edited]

"So... do you mind telling me why your brother followed us back to the house?"

Jungkook, Jin, and I were back at home sitting in the grand living room after a long, eventful night. Jimin left to sleep off his hangover at home and Taehyung needed to go straight to work.

 Jungkook slurped the hangover soup I made, keeping his eyes trained to his bowl.

"Can't we just talk about this later?" Jungkook grumbled, dipping his spoon harshly back into the soup for another bite. 

He's been in an irritable mood since we woke up. 

Partly from the splitting headache and the fact that he got his ear chewed out by Yoongi for puking all over the guest bathroom floor. The other part from his conversation this morning. 

He received a text from his mother and called her immediately after he woke up. I could only hear a muffled argument on the balcony of the guest room but I didn't want to pry too much. It really wasn't any of my business but whatever it was I knew it couldn't be good.

'It's not like he would tell me about it anyways... He never wants to tell me anything that has to do with his family... '

"Jungkook," I said calmly, moving the the bowl out of his hands and onto the coffee table, sitting on his lap despite Jin's grossed out face. 

"Why do I always get stuck watching you guys like this? If you're trying to hint at some type of freaky ass threesome I'm telling you right now that you can forget it!"

Ignoring a very whiny hungover Jin, I wrapped my arms around Jungkook's neck, face laced with worry as his tired blood shot eyes met mine. A current rushed through my body as we gazed at each other for a moment in silence, my hands methodically running down the back of his soft hair to try to put his mind at ease.

Jungkook leaned his head back, pushing into the head massage as I spoke. "Why is Daniel here, Jungkook? I deserve to know considering that I'm living here too y'know." 

I didn't like the sigh that left his lips, or the frown that set deep into his features while figuring out what to say. Jungkook still had a hard time opening up to me, even though we've been together for a few months now, he still struggled being upfront and honest. 

Something that Daniel told me he struggled with last night. 

Something he said he could give me that Jungkook couldn't.

'Daniel seemed to be right about that... and I hate it.'

His hands eased onto my round of my hips and his fingers left a burning trail where they marked. I bit my lip, trying to control the chills he was giving me.