Chapter 24

Carina and Theodore had asked Charity and Maisie to stay with them for the next few days before Carina pops, so when it does happened, it wouldn't be a huge panic in the house, and there would be people who actually knew what to do. Charity, who was also the one who helped Emmanuelle with her childbirth, was ecstatic to also be the one to deliver Carina's baby.

At the possible night of the baby coming, Theodore stayed up and simply watched his wife sleep on their bed, accompanying him was Maisie, who came back to the room with two cups of coffee.

"Oh, thanks..." Theodore said when he saw the extra cup.

"Nope, it's mine." Maisie said as she drank her first cup and lets the other one float beside her.

"Oh." Theodore said. "I don't think the baby's coming tonight."

"How sure are you?" Theodore asked.

"Dunno, maybe because Carina's sleeping like the dead?" Theodore gestured to the sleeping woman, "She's been sleeping since this morning, the last few times I saw her awake was only for breakfast, lunch, after lunch, and dinner."

"You can't blame her." Charity said, with two cups in her hand and handed the other one to Theodore. "When I was pregnant all I wanted to do is sleep."

Theodore took a sip from the cup, but upon tasting the tea, he immediately discretely spat it back to the cup. It wasn't the type of tea he was used to or liked.

"I hate this... I can't do anything for her..." Theodore muttered.

"You are, Theodore." Maisie said. "You being here is a huge thing for Carina."

"You know what, I think yo're just scared about this whole thing." Charity said, smiling.

"Who wouldn't?" Theodore chuckled.

"True." Charity nodded. "If it would make you feel any better, I was the one that helped Emmanuelle with delivering Carina... I was fresh out of Hogwarts, training in St. Mungo's... it'll all go well, I promise."

"I'm sure Sirius Black wasn't scared the whole time..." Theodore muttered.

"Quite the opposite." Charity said.

"You're joking." Theodore said.

"No... it was the first time I saw a man like Sirius so afraid." Charity smiled at the memory. "He didn't know what to do. He called me and Tom in the middle of the night, panicking... I think it's just natural for new fathers to panic in things like this... my Tom panicked when Maisie was going to pop out – and the twins."

A tear fell from Charity's eye, the simple thought of her late husband would bring her to tears. It was a tragic death, as she remembered. She had heard from Lupin about Tom's death; Tom was found in the streets of Diagon Alley after he was struck by a Killing Curse from a Snatcher who was tasked to take her to be presented to the hearing for Muggle-borns.

"I guess I'm lucky you two are here." Theodore said.

A sharp gasp came from Carina. Theodore, Charity and Maisie turned to her and saw Carina grasping onto her stomach as she stared at the sheets that was now soaked, and then a cry of pain was heard.

"What's going on?" Theodore asked.

"Isn't it obvious, Theodore?" Maisie said as she and Charity went to Carina's side. "Stop staring and get the bloody towels! Your baby's coming!"

It was the longest eight hours that Theodore experienced. The whole time he was asked to step outside of the bedroom so they could do their jobs perfectly, and whilst Theodore waited, he couldn't steady himself. He called for Charlie so he could have someone to settle his nerves as he waited, but it wasn't just Charlie who came, but also Carina's friends, all in their night-clothes, and looked as if were waken from their sleep, and then a few moments late Draco and Astoria came, after they were told by Andromeda of what was happening. All came for the moment.