Prologue- Cleo

Cleo's POV

One of my favourite things to do is just to swim in the ocean around Mako Island- well that's kind of obvious considering the fact that I'm a mermaid, but still. It relaxes me, especially at stressful times in my life like now- when I've just found out that my dad's sister, her husband, and her son (who are all American) are coming to live with us for a while. Tomorrow. Now there are three more people that I need to keep my secret from. Their names are Sally Jackson, Paul Blofis, and Percy Jackson.

I wonder what they'll all be like- let's hope that they like the ocean, otherwise it would be pretty weird choosing to come to a place on the beach.

As soon as I found out, I told Emma, Rikki, and Bella, so that it wouldn't be too much of a shock to them seeing three random new people in my house. We won't be able to stay at mine for the full moon nights, but Emma is always glad to have us at hers, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to meeting Percy. A cousin my age who I haven't known about my entire life- it sounds really exciting. I don't think Emma or Rikki agree with me though, I seem to recall them freaking out quite a lot when I told them.

Anyway, we have to get the house ready for them to arrive in the morning- they'll have had a long flight, coming from America (we're also 14 hours in front of them (the time)).