[17] Nyah: "I Like Stiff Things."

DEDICATED TO ArabellaLowe :) Thanks for messaging me! :D

~

Nyah Pineda's PoV:

They say payback is a bitch.

So am I, when I'm exerting said payback.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" I throw my head back and laugh the most obnoxious laugh I can muster as my Mate, the beginner of the prank wars—okay, it was really me, to be fair, but nope, I won't say it out loud. I mean, why would I ever admit to that and ruin the fun? Or, miss out on the pissed off look he's currently sporting?—turns to me with a glare that immediately reminds me of laser beams shooting out of cartoon characters' eyes.

That makes me laugh even more.

"Not. Funny." He growls out as he slowly wipes the tomato ketchup off his face with a single swipe. More ketchup that had been dripping off the tip of his hair slithers down and runs along his cheek, and he closes his eyes to exhale slowly and wipe them off as well.

But then his hand was already coated in ketchup from the time he previously wiped his face, so it is now smeared all over his stubble-covered cheeks again.

I. Can't. Even.

I throw my head back and clutch my aching stomach as I let out peals of laughter that are even more real this time, tears leaking out of the corners of my eyes as I struggle to take in a breath through my uncontrollable fit of giggles, "You—you—you have—oh, Goddess!" I choke, patting my own head to stop myself from dying a sudden, young death due to lack of oxygen.

But dying while laughing? That sure is not a bad way to go.

Just not in the next eighty years, though.

I finally reign myself in and wipe off the leftover moisture in my eyes to clear my blurry vision and have another proper look at his face. And that's when I realize that the asshole is actually grinning.

He's grinning at me.

Uh-oh. The-ketchup-splattering-all-over-him-the-moment-he-opens-his-locker trick might've worked just too well, then.

"So, I assume one of my traitors of friends gave you my locker combination?" Ezra stalks forward to slowly advance in on me, his grin turning ominous.

"You know what they say about assumptions," I shrug as a slow shiver of desire races through me at the way his eyes darken, making me take an involuntary step back—a step that defies every single instinct in me to stand down and face him head-on.

At this rate, you'll slowly lose the Alpha in you, Nyah.

"Uh-huh," He takes another slow step forward, this time, the evil glint in his eye more obvious as he smirked secretively.

That's when his malicious intentions dawn on me.

He's angling for a payback to my payback for his payback.

"Fuck!" I curse as I spin around and break into a sprint, hearing his laugh as he gives up the pretense of trying to be casual and chases me as well. I glance back quickly to see that he's not far back, thanks to the number of students smiling around who're hindering my natural speed.

"Fuck, no!" I shake my head to myself as I slam into people's shoulders unapologetically in my hurry to get away. Just then, another class's door opens and a huge crowd of people starts pouring out into the hallway, and man, that was worst timing on Mrs. Hubbard's part to let a class go late.