Thirty-four • New Beginnings

Recap (Updated version, please read to avoid confusions)

"Goodbye, Dominic."

He dropped to the ground and I faced the woman who ended the battle. She held his heart in her hand while the other held a knife and slit his throat until his blood pooled the ground.

Everyone in the room gasped in surprise. I looked at Mary and saw how astounded her expression was of her own daughter, Felicity. I knew that she could make it, she's a warrior, my warrior.

She dropped the heart to the ground, stepped on it like the dirt it truly is. She did it, she ended the prophecy. I walked slowly towards her and the second my hands touched hers, it felt like a blissful paradise. Her scent flowed like the ocean to my veins.

"Mate," she whispered.

Sparks.

Bond.

New beginnings.

"You're mine," I whispered as I pulled her to my arms, breathing everything that is Felicity.

"I'm yours."

- - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 34 | New Beginnings |

King Dimitrius Stone's Point of View

To hear those words come from her lips felt like thorns lifted off my chest. Dominic's death, the prophecy ended and it brought back all mate bonds, including ours. The sparks, her soul, I could feel the connection. It's something I'll never grow tired off, she's mine and I belong to her.

I held her tightly in my arms, it all still feels like a dream. I didn't want to let her go because I did not want the moment to end. What if I wake up and it all becomes a nightmare all over again.

The wounds that were on her skin, the pain, the tiredness, I could feel it radiating on her, every beat, breath, and pulse, I could all feel it through our bond. Nothing is as better as feeling Felicity. It's like I've finally touched the angels in the skies.

I love her.

I have loved her ever since her little hands wrapped around my fingers when she was a child. Since then, I knew that she was my mate and that meant the eternity of being with her. Immortality may have finally given me the sense of living it.

Thank you, Felicity.

Suddenly, I felt her lay limp in my arms. Her arms fell on her sides and I caught all her weight. "Felicity?" I whispered and she did not respond.

"She's too weak, I could feel it through the connection." I carried her in my arms as we all exited the war scene, the place of Dominic's hell.

In a flash second, we were back in my castle and I laid Felicity in my bed. "I can help her," Odette whispered as she went to her niece's side.

Mary along with Katherine and other important people watched as Odette snapped her fingers and the once empty glass in the table was filled with a liquid that shined the color of the skies.