Twenty-Five

« 25Fighter »
~~~•~~~

« 25—Fighter »~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~
A L E C

The raven haired boy slammed his fist against the boxing bag in the centre of the room.

The bandages wrapped around his fists gave little protection as he projected his anger and frustration through his movements.

The sound echoed through the Institute as other Shadowhunters made sure to stay well away from him whilst he was in this state.

All except Clary.

"Alec, are you okay?"

She strode into the room and planted herself next to where he now leaned onto the bag, his muscles tensing on his arm as he tried to slow his breathing, "Pretty bold of you to show your face here."

"I can explain."

Alec turned on her, "Unless your explanation can bring Talia and Jace back, save it."

He struck the bag hard, the sound stinging Clary's ears as she moved forward slightly, "Alec, Jace is my brother, too. And I still think of Talia as my sister."

The dark haired boy turned and looked down to meet Clary's eyes, still breathing heavily as he pushed himself away from the bag, "You barely know him. I grew up with him, I fought by his side. He's my brother, he's my best friend."

"Alec-"

"And Talia, I doubt you knew her all too well, whilst you were wrapped up in your own little world as she was forced to protect you from the dangers of it. And look where that landed her, she was shot by the the woman who made her do this for you. She could be bleeding out somewhere, with Valentine cutting her off from any medical help, and I can't do anything about it."

Clary gaped her mouth at him watching as he walked back to the wall. She quickly regained her composure and approached him, "I- I am not my mother, I want them back as much as you do, I want to help Talia."

"How well do I even know you?" Alec shuffled on his feet as he narrowed his eyes slightly, "I mean, you show up out of nowhere, you convince my brother, you convince me to search for your mother. And the next thing I know, Jace is gone. And your mother is the one trying to kill him with Talia being the only one to protect him, and I don't want her in that defenceless position, especially with whatever that device you said was around her neck."

"I had nothing to do with that, Alec. I would never hurt Jace or Talia," Clary stepped forward, trying to defend herself, but knowing deep down that he wouldn't take her seriously.

Alec tilted his head down at her, "Since you've arrived, you've caused nothing but problems. My family lost their birthright, Izzy was almost deruned. And now Valentine has my parabatai and the only girl I've ever actually liked. And it's all because of you."