Chapter Forty

AN: I appologize in advance for what's about to happen

-

Friday seemed almost impossible to get to, in the end. This week kicked off with an extremely weird day, that was filled with being around Jessie and then watching Ashton's best friend's fall from his fingertips... and the rest of it was agonizing to get through. It was filled with boredum, tests, quizzes, and the constant drama I've been dealing with lately. Since Monday, Ashton's been completely glued to my side. If he wasn't with Luke (somehow they made up), he was with me. And I get that at this point he's got about one friend that's not me, but it was getting annoying in a way. I do feel bad, but I don't get what I have to offer him. In the end, I'm not just going to leave me alone to bug Luke, because I don't want to be mean.

I walked up the steps that morning, excited for this weekend. I was going over to Leila's house after school, but I'm not sure what we're gonna do later. One of us will have an idea, I'm sure of it. I told myself to just get through this day, and then for a few days things won't be as boring or tiring. I was more than ready for summer to start, but I still had a long time to wait.

Leila wasn't here, and niether was Ashton. I sighed to myself as I glanced around, looking for a possible person to meet up with until the bell rang. I knew Ashton would be at the bench soon, so I decided to just go there and wait. As I lugged my tired legs across the courtyard, I kept my eyes on the lookout for anyone staring at me. I swear, sometimes I still get that weird feeling inside of me that people are watching me. I think with everything's thats happening with Ashton, being his girlfriend is apparently a well-known thing. He's very well-known here, but I already know why in the end. He gave himself a really bad reputation throughout the years, and I feel pretty bad for him. I hear stuff about me, but I don't really get to me like Ashton does. Oh well.

As I neared the bench on the other side of the courtyard, my heart sank when my eyes fell upon Luke. He was sitting at the edge of it with his eyes glued to his phone, probably waiting for Ashton. As I sat down on the other edge of the bench, I made sure to keep my eyes down while I could feel Luke staring at me. I really don't know what I ever did to him, but he surely doesn't like me anymore. Oh well, I don't like him either.

"Ashton," Luke's voice called out next to me. I looked up to see Ashton slowly making his way over, slower than usual. He had a blank expression on his face, and when he was about 10 feet away from us he stopped. He held one hand over his stomach and curled his lips in, glancing up at the sky like he was waiting for something to pass. He kind of looked like Michael that one time, when he looked like he was in genuine pain in his stomach or something. It was back when Michael started his grunge against me, and had been distant from Ashton that whole week.

"You okay?" Luke asked as Ashton slowly sat down in the middle of us.

"I feel like shit." he sighed, putting one of his arms around my shoulders to bring me in for a little hug.

"How so?" I chipped into the conversation.

"Like, I don't know," He shrugged. "I feel sick."

"Then why did you come to school today?" Luke asked.

"Because I have a geometry test," Ashton mumbled, resting his chin ontop of my head. "I don't want to miss it."

"If it gets worse I would go see the nurse, if I were you," Luke advised.

"No shit." I muttered under my breath, though I didn't mean to say it outloud. I could feel Luke glaring at me again, and I tried my best not to laugh.

"I will." Ashton nodded. He chest slowly rose under me, before he exhaled a heavy breath. I held a small conversation with him until the bell rang, where Luke was the first to get up. I hopped up as well, and watched as Luke held a hand out to help Ashton to his feet.