Chapter 17. Why is everyone acting weird?

From which side did the sun rise today?

I mean, what's wrong?! Everyone ones acting weird. Evan's being an absolute gentleman. Stephen and Olivia are giggling and shooting glances at me and Evan. I, on the other hand, am blushing for no actual reason! What the hell!

Confused?

Let me take you a few hours back. Evan dragged me towards the lake and I almost had a breakdown, Then he consoled me and apologised. Apologised! Yeah, that is where everything went wrong and the reason behind everyone's weird behaviour. Including mine. I remember what happened after that.

~~~~

"You said sorry?"

"I...Uhm...uh..." he is stammering. This is priceless! I have never seen him like this. He's always acted so confident that sometimes I actually felt maybe there was my fault but now....

I couldn't hide the wide grin forming on my face. He pulled me all of a sudden, my chest collided with his. Evan's hand went around my waist, glueing me to him and then what he did next actually shocked me. He leant forward and kissed my cheek.

"If that is what makes you happy then yes I said sorry and can say it millions of times for that smile" he whispered in my ears so that only I could hear.

My heart was palpilating so loudly that I could hear my own heartbeat. My face was crimson. I was immobile. This feeling. This crazy feeling!

Stephen who was swimming now had his full attention on us along with Olivia. He started clapping for God knows why. I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment and my heart was a hurricane. Evan let go of me after that.

~~~~

So, that was the terrible embarrassing moment due to which everyone's acting weird and I am blushing. Evan looks absolutely fine then what the hell is wrong with me!

Maybe, I should ignore the fact that something actually took place hours ago and stop making a big deal out of it. He was just being a gentleman. That's it. Nothing else.

I walked over to Stephen and Olivia. They were still grinning and I swear if they don't stop it, I am going to storm out of this place right at the moment. I raised my eyebrow like Evan does in order to make them stop grinning but to my efforts, Stephen burst out in laughter and Olivia contained herself from laughing.

"What's wrong? Why are you laughing Stephen?" I ask putting an annoyed expression.

"The thing you did with your eyebrows-" laughs "that was-" he laughed, even louder "Ironic"

So, basically, I made a joke out of myself. Great! Shouldn't I applaud for myself?

"Come on. Don't be so mean, She looked cute" Evan came out of nowhere and hooked his arm around my waist tugging my side closer to his.

Okay, so much to my advantage, even he appeared to make me feel more embarrassed. He thinks I am cute and why am I making my already crimson face appear like a tomato.

Damn face! Damn Emotions! Damn feelings! Damn Evan! Freaking Shut down!

Evan really has to stop behaving like this. What struck him to behave like an idiotic lover all of a sudden. Lover. Why did I utter that word in my head? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid Elina.

"Elina!" I trailed off of my thoughts as Stephen shook me vigorously holding my shoulders. "Why do you doze off every time and I have to wake you up? Should I consult you to a doctor?" He asked in a worried tone.

Oh my, Stephen. what do I do with you?

"First of all, Stephen, I did not doze off. I was just thinking and secondly, for Lord's sake, I am not sick!" I snapped.

"Woah! That's my sister" Stephen applauded like he has just got a psycho out of her madness. Well, I was kind of behaving like a psycho. Olivia stood there giving me a sweet smile and Evan never left my side.

This was one hell of a day.

As the midnight arose, we all sat circled around the bonfire that was lit to save us from the deathly cold temperature. You must be thinking why we didn't sleep? Well, Evan informed Stephen, Olivia and me that we were going to see the mystical falls that appear once a year. I didn't understand what he meant though. I thought it has to do something with the stars. Maybe, there will be a meteor fall or something but then Stephen told me that 'mystical falls' had something to do with the waterfall and when it arrived I had to wish for something. Okay, I didn't pay attention what he was actually trying to explain. I was busy studying Olivia's excited expression. She was going to see it for the first time just like me and I could say from her face that she was very excited. So, I guess whatever the 'mystic fall' is must be good.

"10 seconds to go" Evan declared and we all focused on the waterfall.

I stared at the waterfall the said ten seconds and the next thing I know, my hand made its way to my mouth as I gasped looking at the whole waterfall shine brilliantly in a shade of blue. I couldn't believe my own eyes. The view in front of me was mesmerising and divine. No words could describe it. Everything looked magical like I was in another world full of magic.

The fireflies came into view as they surrounded the entire place with its twinkling lights making it look more like a magical world.

"Wish for something fast before the fireflies fly away" Stephen squealed in excitement. Did I really want something? I didn't understand what to wish for. So, I said the first thing that came to my mind.

I wish I could see this whole view again.

____

I am sorry for the late update:( I had exams so I couldn't really update.

Well, I just wanted to say. Just one or two chapters then you will meet a few new characters;)
*Finger on my lips*

Thank you for reading and hope you liked the chapter:)