Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Lauren <3

Chapter 2

I decided to check my email before I went to sleep to make sure my mom didn’t email me.

“Spam, spam, spam, twitter, Facebook…” I thought as I deleted my messages.

I stopped when I saw the email that I had favorited, it was from Niall. All the emails he has sent me since I left the X factor, I kept.

“From- Da_Pimp_Is_Here (Niall)

Subject-Hey

Message- Everyone says that I should give up trying to get to talk to you, but I won’t. Valerie, you are my best friend, why didn’t you tell me why you left the competition? I haven’t talked to you, heard about you, for all I know your dead! It’s been 6 months, Val. I’m starting to give up hope that you still want to talk to me.

Love,

Niall”

The tears streamed down my face as I read this email, I replied to it, but it was too late. His email had changed because it got leaked over the internet, and it wouldn’t be safe because he was in a famous boy band.

I had other emails that he sent me too, but I didn’t want to open them.

Niall wasn’t a friend that anyone could be, he was special. We could just look at each other and immediately know what we are trying to say. We could legit read each other’s mind. Our friendship was special.

I smiled at the memories that flooded through my mind.

-Flashback-

We were 8 years old at the park near our homes.

“Pinkie Promise we will be best friends” I ask, my eyes staring into Niall’s beautiful blue ones.

“I pinkie promise” He tells me.

“Good, now share you apple juice” I say.

“What!? NO! EW YOU HAVE COOTIES!” He screams running away.

“YOU ARE GOING TO SHARE NOW HORAN!” I scream chasing him.

“NO”

“YES”

“NO”

“YES”

I smile as I close my laptop and drift off to a dreamless sleep.

*

“It’s 7 AM waking up in the morning got to get fresh got to go down stairs, got to have my bowl” My phone rang as I woke up.

“Hello” I ask using my other hand to rub my eyes, I accidently hit speaker, but I just leave it on speaker.

“VALERIE!” My boss, Nick, screams.

“What!?” I ask startled by his yelling.

“It’s a zoo here, we need all the employees we can get!” He yells into the phone.

“But it’s Friday! I don’t work on Fri-” I was cut off with him talking.

“I’LL PAY YOU DOUBLE JUST COME!” He screams hanging up.

I scream and Taylor comes running into my room.

She waves around a baseball bat and is wearing a pillow on her head.

“What! WHO! WHERE!” She screams.

“Taylor, what are you doing?” I ask amused at her choice of weapons.

“I thought you were being raped!” She says sitting on the bed.

“Raped? You couldn’t think of a better explanation?” I ask.