Omake: Hermes - She's pretty

The first time Hermes heard the name Persephone Jackson was a bit of a shock, to pardon the pun.

Zeus had called an emergency meeting about two weeks before the Summer Solstice, and Hermes flashed to his throne fully prepared for another agonizing round of screaming between his father and Uncle Poseidon. Ever since the Master Bolt got stolen, Olympus was in constant state of alert, watching the two brothers fight at every possible chance, dreading the Summer Solstice deadline Zeus had set for his brother to return the Bolt.

However, he didn't expect the entire Olympian Council to be silent, yes even Apollo and Dionysius, while watching Zeus and Poseidon stare each other down. It was a bit unnerving, to say the least.

"Hello Hermes," Hera said after a few seconds, since her husband had not bothered to greet his son and formally open the Council meeting. "What kept you?"

"My job, stepmother," Hermes sighed, leaning back into his throne. "I've not stopped running since Winter Solstice. What's going on?"

"Poseidon claimed a half-blood child," Athena said wearily, and Hermes felt a sudden urge to bang his head against the back of his throne. Dear Fates, why? Why was this happening right now?

"Use her name, Athena," Poseidon spit out, not moving his gaze.

"She should not exist, you broke the oath!" Zeus hissed out, electricity sparking out of his usually neatly trimmed hair and beard.

"Need I remind you of Thalia and Jason?" Poseidon hissed right back, his green eyes gaining a vengeful spark that put every god and goddess in the room on the edge. The last time Poseidon's eyes had that spark, Troy's walls were obliterated in the massive wave. "You not only broke it twice, but with the same woman, and in different aspect!"

"Neptune, Jupiter and Pluto never swore the oath," Zeus growled, flickering slightly before supporting his head, and Hermes instantly mirrored his father, pushing Mercury back. Damn their little schizophrenia case! "And you visited the girl!"

"Like every person with a child here hadn't done the same when they were babies!" Poseidon shouted, standing from his throne, and Hermes clutched the armrests of his throne as the Mount Olympus shook under the fury of the Earthshaker. "You're a filthy hypocrite, brother!"

"I am the King of Gods!" Zeus stood up as well, dark clouds appearing out of nowhere and icy winds blowing through the throne room, and Hermes exchanged panicked looks with the rest of the Council members.

Apollo and Artemis were clutching their bows, ready to react at the moment's notice, Athena and Ares were already halfway out of their seats with their spear and sword respectively, and even Dionysius, Hephaestus, Demeter, Hera and Aphrodite looked ready to start a war. The two brothers were truly a terrifying sight: with their charismatic auras and powers, Hermes could feel his own powers reacting, putting him in a fight-or-flight mode he had experienced only once, in the Gigantomachy.

"Do you think that little fact puts you above your own rules, baby brother?" Poseidon sneered, injecting just enough venom and ice in his voice to make Zeus take a step back.

"ENOUGH!" Hestia finally screamed from her place at the hearth, forcing her brothers to dodge javelins of fire and break the fight. "HAVEN'T YOU DESTROYED ENOUGH?!"

As usual, Poseidon was the first one to calm down, taking a deep breath before returning to his seat, gripping his Trident with enough strength to make his knuckles pale. "I'm sorry, Hestia," he apologized in a whisper, bowing his head to the Guardian of the Hearth of Olympus. "I... I forgot myself."