CHAPTER ONE

The covert government initiative known as Project S.I.P. (Silent Interrogation Procedures) was on its last leg and extreme measures had to be taken to keep the operation afloat. Their interrogation procedures were beginning to become obsolete and to ensure the safe retrieval of information as well as maintain good-standing with other nations they needed to develop new tactics. S.I.P. Intelligence has heard rumblings of the development of a truth serum by a curandero hidden on the island of Santiago, known as The Luth.

"You'd think the world wouldn't have use for these techniques," Agent Rex grumbled to herself as her boat approached the shores of Santiago under the shadow of nightfall. After years working as a S.I.P. operative she had seen many previous techniques be barred as torture. So, this process was nothing new, but retirement was on the horizon and a tropical mission only taunted her. The mission was simple, retrieve any information about the serum and detain The Luth for questioning. S.I.P. intel had mentioned a lab in the volcanic region of the island. So, she set off far into the rock and ash to find the target. This seemed like a fool's errand, but the thought of gaining an elixir that would offer her a way out of S.I.P. gave her the strength to press on.