Chapter 26 - True Potential

"Ms. Mimi, Mr. Itou is here now,"

Looking up from the bureaucratic paperwork in her hand, Mimi curls up her lips amusedly.

He actually came huh?

Of course, what man wouldn't be scarcely eager to know what a successful cross-dressing young girl would want to talk about?

"Well, let the man in. Don't want to keep an influential figure waiting do we?" Mimi teased.

Nodding solemnly, the manager leaves in a hurried manner. Showing clear amusement from his chaotic behaviors, Mimi chuckles as she stares back down at the documents in her hand.

Upon entering the private room of the well-established restaurant EMIRI, Tobias identifies the seated figure of a young girl with a large window glowing softly beside her.

The girl wore a vintage dark blue-collared dress, with her neck length silky hair pulled behind her delicate ears revealing a particular view of her face. Although displaying a youthful face, the girl radiated a mature aura.

She wasn't wearing any makeup, enhancing her natural jade-like skin and pure features. Her soft slightly round cheeks contained a faint natural rosy blush, along with her plump pink lips.

Fully emerged in the contracts before her, Mimi hadn't taken notice of the tall dignified man gazing intensely at her. Biting at the end of her pen, she furrowed her brows when she shuddered from a sudden chill.

How come it became so cold all of a sudden..? Probably a breeze from the window.

With elegant quiet footsteps, Tobias approached the emersed girl.

"Ms. Mimi, is it?" A husky voice broke the dazed girl from her deep thoughts.

Startled, Mimi abruptly shifts her gaze up to see the charming tall man standing over her.

No wonder she felt a penetrating chill just now...

Although the man hinted at no further expression besides an empty stare, Mimi caught a glimpse of what she assumed was amusement shining in the man's dark chilling eyes. However, it was only for a brief moment.

"Mr. Itou, glad you could make it!" Mimi flashed a dimpled smile. "I was afraid such a busy man such as yourself would be booked with urgent appointments. I truly didn't think you'd make it."

"I postponed them," Tobias said nonchalantly.

That single sentence was enough for Mimi's calm eyes to widen with disbelief.

He actually postponed all his appointments just to meet up with her?

Curling up her rosy lips into a faint smile, her interest towards the attractive businessman increased further.

"My, my! I have to say I'm quite flattered," She softly chuckles. "Why don't we get right into business Mr. Itou."

Gesturing her hand for the man to sit, she watches as he silently occupies the seat across from her. The man leans back in his chair and waits for the girl to speak.

"The reason for why I contacted you suddenly is quite simple," Mimi said while piling the contracts on the table in a tidy pile.

Placing them in a folder, Mimi stares back up at the handsome with an unreadable smile.

"What is it?" Tobias rose a curious brow.

Intaking a breath, Mimi closes her eyes before unlocking her bright violet gems.

"I would like to work for Glory Trade Corporation,"

Upon hearing the young girl's proposition Tobias rose both brows. Not with shock but with an indication for Mimi to continue.

"What's your pitch?" The man lazily propped his head into his fisted palm.

Under his piercing chilling stare, Mimi hadn't made any change in expression. She merely widened her smile even further at his words.

Mimi was a simple person. She admired people who didn't question her actions or reasons especially when it came to business. Unlike a certain person...

Inside his office, Alec released a sudden sneeze. Odd? It didn't feel drafty.

Tobias Itou was presenting her a chance to share her pitch. This was an interview. Time to demonstrate her true potential.