Eighteen

Noah holds the door open for Benjamin. He smiles, walking in and then grabbing Noah's hand.

They get sat at a table in the back, Benny smiling. "This better not be crazy expensive, I'll beat you up".

"You sure? You'll chip a nail and cry".

Benjamin giggles, "If you chip my nail, I'll beat you up as well".

"I hope you know, I'm a weight lifter..you don't stand a chance".

The waiter walks over, smiling. "Hello. My name is Melissa, and I'll be your waiter. Can I start you off with drinks?"

"Uh yes. I'll have a coke".

"Okay. And you?"

"Um..lemonade, please".

"Okay. I'll be right back".

Benjamin looks back to Noah. "So? What do you think I should do about the Kiara situation".

"They apologized, right?"

"I mean yea...but now Katen is pissed...and how am I suppose to know their not gonna do it again".

"You're scared to trust them?"

"Exactly. It's just- Kiara and I were best friends for almost nine years...and then she drops me...".

"How'd you meet Zoē?"

"She was in our musical theatre class...I just don't get how someone can replace that for a guy, you know?"

"Yea...maybe...I don't know, test the waters..make them earn your trust back".

Benjamin nods, shrugging, "So? Tell me about Ximena".

"Okay. We met in first grade, in Venezuela..everyone thought we were dating".

"Oh...what was it like for you to come out?"

"It was fine..til my Abuelo figured out. He disagrees with it and I hate it..you?"

"My parents already knew I was kinda feminine. But when I came out...my dad left...but my mom was super accepting...i mean at least i had my mom...and of course Kiara but...the school caught on when rumor spread and....".

"I'm sorry".

"No it's fine...my dad was always distant, you know?"

**

The two left the restaurant and headed to an ice cream shop down the road.

They talked for hours, about just about everything.

"Really? Oh my god!"

Noah puts his head in his hands, chuckling. "Yes, my nickname was Pookie".

"That's adorable!"

"Did you have one?"

"Mine was Baby Boo....it still is".

"That's cute, babe".

A worker walks by, smiling, "I don't mean to interrupt, but we're closing in five minutes".

Noah checks his phone, seeing the clock read 10:30. "Oh sorry". He leaves a tip, standing up. Benjamin stands up, grabbing Noah's hand.

"Ready?"

"Mhm".

They get home, and Mateo was on his laptop. "What took y'all so long?"

"Time got to the best of us, sorry".

Benjamin sits on the end of the bed, playing with his hands. Noah smiles, "You wanna go shower first, or?"

"Y-you can if you want".

Noah goes over to him, leaning down to kiss him. "Go on, get in the shower, baby".

Benjamin smiles, kissing him back, before getting up and going into the bathroom.

Mateo rolls his eyes, grabbing his computer and his phone. He stands up, before also grabbing a blanket. "Where you going?"

"I'd rather be downstairs then watch you and your boyfriend make out".

"We kissed twice...why is that an issue?"

"Nothing. I'm going downstairs".

Noah shakes his head, "Is it cause im with a boy?"

"It's just...it's weird, okay? Im not used to that".

Noah nods, taking his jacket off. "Whatever man. It's not you'll be here for long, anyway".

Mateo rolls his eyes, walking downstairs.

**

Benjamin walks out, sitting on Noah's bed. "Sorry I took so long. Kinda fell, not gonna lie".

"You okay?"

"Yea. I'm good".

After Noah showers, the two watch a movie together. Benjamin shoved popcorn in his mouth. "Why won't they just confess their love?"

Noah sits up, "Right! Like they obviously like each other!"

Benjamin giggles, "Look. Look! He's like staring at her!"

"Yo!" Noah throws a piece of popcorn. Benjamin grabs a handful, eating it.

Mateo walks upstairs, plopping down onto his bed, covering his face with a pillows. Benjamin sighs, "This is pissing me off. He just left her".

Mateo rolls his eyes, turning on his side.

Noah smiles at Benjamin, grabbing him. "Let's quiet down for Mateo, Alright?

"Okay, Sorry".

"It's okay". Noah grabs Benjamin's chin, leaning in to give him a kiss. Benny smiles, turning to kiss him back.

Mateo cringes, hearing the noises before putting his headphones in.

**

The tv was still playing, with a low volume, though. Benjamin was fast asleep, his head laid on Noah's chest as Noah watched tv.

Mateo was also awake, though neither boy said a word.

But, Mateo got up and started complaining:

"I just. Why? Dude, it's gross. Like, right in front of me...how about to tell me before you bring your boyfriend over".

"It's my house, you know that, right?"

"Our house".

"Dude. Calm down. Okay? This date was planned way before your ass showed up".

Mateo shakes his head, sitting on his bed silently. Benjamin stirs, looking up at Noah.

Noah smiles at him, "Hi".

"Morning?"

"No, baby. Go back to sleep".

Benjamin blushes, falling back asleep, though, almost instantly.

**