Sorry

Sorry for the late update!

Taehyung held his mate close as the other cried his heart out. He kept stroking his fingers through Jungkook's hair murmuring small words of comfort.

They were still on the muddy ground. Though the rain had settled, they were completely soaked. yet, it didn't bother. The raven haired male had broken down soon, his face buried in Taehyung's chest at the loss of his father.

"I told him that i hate him tae"

Taehyung's heart broke all over again hearing the agony in his mate's voice.

"I wasn't there to help him defend our pack. I was not there when he breathed his last. I- i-.." Jungkook hiccuped a fresh bunch of tears following.

"It's not your fault Jungkook. It could have been anytime. When you were away alone for a pack meeting or maybe at school. Maybe you might have recieved the message earlier, but that doesn't mean you might have been able to save your father. He could have died when you were standing right next to him in battle. It's not your fault. Death happens in war..."

"But-"

"They were just words Jungkook. He definitely knows in his heart that you love him. You don't always speak words you entirely mean. Why did you even say that? Did you guys fight?"

Jungkook was silent for sometime and Taehyung wondered if he would ever recieve an answer. And then Jungkook spoke "i was angry. I heard you with some guy over phone."

Taehyung froze.

" I just wanted to kill everyone including myself. I ran out into the woods. Dad followed me. He was the one who asked me to stay away from you. I was so angry that i lashed out. But then after few days, this happened and..... You didn't even come for the funeral. I knew i lost you forever."

Taehyunh lifted the other man's face cupping both his cheeks and staring into his blotchy eyes "but i'm here right. Jungkook i'm sorry for not coming to the funeral. I was scared to meet you. You broke my heart so many times i wasn't sure i could handle seeing you. I'm sorry"

Jungkook lifted himself from Taehyung's body, pressing his elbow to the ground and hovering above the brunette.

"No. I should be the one to say sorry. I was the one to break your heart."

"I'm sorry too, for being an ass" Taehyung said back.

"Then i'm sorry for being a double ass" Jungkook said.

Taehyung smiled "yeah. You were."

Jungkook gave a small smile which dissapeared soon "Tae, i'm sorry about Seulgi. If i had simply avoided you, i knew i wouldn't be able to hold back when you would have come questioning me. So i had to make you hate me some way so that you wouldn't come near me again. I'm sorry."

Taehyung stared back blankly "it hurt like bitch. Trust me."

Jungkook lowered his eyes in shame "when i saw you crying i felt nothing less than what you felt, added the guilt of doing that to you. I regreted it the moment i saw your tears. But i didn't deserve you. You didn't deserve that. I'm sorry"

Taehyung bit his lips, chest feeling light. Hearing Jungkook's apology made him realise that he had just wanted to hear that. His heart was put back together and he had forgiven the other.

"Look at me Jungkook" Taehyung said and the raven haired male lifted his gaze to meet the other's "i'm sorry about Minjae too"

Jungkook frowned "who's that?"

"The guy you heard over phone with me"

"Oh... I had hoped that you would deny it. Say that it was completely different and the sounds were mistaken for something else" Jungkook pouted.