Chapter 118: Preparations

Tasha took things easy for the first few weeks after the virus was destroyed, not that she has much choice in the matter. Not only did Connor keep a close eye on her, but she constantly had everyone checking up on her. She didn't mind it, though. She felt loved knowing that they all cared so much, and spending time with each of them was a blessing to her.

Tasha and Connor had begun preparing for their wedding, and it turned into a longer and harder process than Tasha had anticipated. Since humans were still growing accustomed to androids being their equals, there had been no android weddings yet. Of course, as leader of the Deviants, Markus began talking to the government to give Tasha and Connor the ability to get married. This was more complicated, however, because it wasn't just an Android and an Android — it was an Android and a human who was part android.

Tasha was very grateful to Markus as he fought for the rights of her and her lover, and after a long negotiation process — they got the green light.

•••

Tasha eagerly awaited Connor's arrival as she paced the living room. Markus had told her the good news, but he hadn't told Connor since he was certain she'd want to do it herself. She was giddy as she held the legal document, a happiness flowing through her she hadn't ever felt before.

When she heard the front door open, it took everything in her not to run and jump on him. She held herself back, waiting patiently as he walked into the room. Connor immediately smiled at her, but slowly his eyebrows narrowed as he focussed on her appearance.

"Hey!" Tasha said cheerfully as she grinned at him, holding the paper behind her back sneakily. "How was work?"

"It was good." Connor replied as he stepped towards her. "You seem very happy to see me."

"I'm always happy to see you." Tasha walked up to him, holding the paper up.

"What's that?" Connor asked as he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close as he grabbed the paper from her hand.

She said nothing as she watched him scan the paper, a huge smile coming to his face.

"Markus did it."

"Mhm! We can officially get married now!" Tasha grinned, laughing when Connor hugged her tight before lifting her off the ground.

"I love you very much, Tasha Price! Soon to be Tasha Anderson."

Tasha giggled at the idea of having his last name. She recalled how happy Connor was when Hank asked him if he wanted to have his last name, so knowing she would also now be an Anderson completed something near and dear to her.

"I love you, Connor Anderson."

•••

A/N: Ahhhhhhhh! The wedding is coming! The wedding is coming! I can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what you thought :)