seven | 7

Hi loves! Sorry I didn't update on time. Many things came up, but here it is...

Oh wait, also, this book has reached 1K reads! I can't believe it. Thank you so much for all your reading and support! Okay, now y'all can enjoy! x

friend·shipen·e·my

Céline.

It was Friday and for the first time in a long time, the week went by smoothly. It was rare that I ever truly complained throughout the week. Work was work and it had to get done. I loved my job with passion. Stress, though, was inevitable. Like how it always is, as has been, life was life. It's not supposed to be easy. If it was, then we'd all be living in a world that would be portrayed as heaven on earth. To be able to appreciate the good things in life, you had to work hard to be able to achieve them. I understood that and I was more than okay with it. 

During the week, Hazel, Josie, and I took a small trip down to Longview Lake. The weather was considerably nice to be able to relax outside. Of course, it was warming up, something I wasn't entirely fond of; but I couldn't do anything about it. We tried barbecuing for the first time and it completely failed. Ninety percent of what we prepared was burnt to ashes. We clearly weren't meant to do something like that. As J said, "never again". I fully agreed. 

On a random chosen day of the week — this time, it was Wednesday — my niece and I had some one-on-one time together. This tradition between us started out one day as soon as I picked her up after school. My sister got called over for an emergency at work and it just happened. I'd always finish work a bit early on the day of so that I'd be able to pick her up.

Most of the time, we generally spent our special day together at my apartment either watch a movie, bake something together, and talk. Of course, she did do a bit of her homework, but it was never that much. I'd help her out with whatever she needed it. Let's just say that it was always math. She hated it; but somehow, in her eyes, I knew how to teach her better than her own teacher. 

Our chats about absolutely everything. She mentioned that this week, a boy was bullying her in class. I didn't want to personally intervene, because I knew that she had the strength in her to stop him herself. I was incredibly thankful that she talked to me about it though. I've heard that one of the many problems with bullying is that the person doesn't let out what they're truly feeling. In the situation this time, I told her to completely ignore him and to pretend like he didn't exist. I knew that eventually he'll just bug off, realising that what he was doing, wasn't giving him the satisfaction he wanted. Sure it sucked that he'll probably move on to someone else, but if that happened — which I knew Hazel would also tell me — I would go to the school to make sure that problem is solved. People like that, needed to be stopped. 

About Hazel herself, there were only two people that knew about her — Lena and Sage. I informed my assistant when I was swarmed with work and needed to reschedule a few meetings, to be able to make a chemotherapy session my niece had. The only way I could get out of it, was for an emergency. Anything that had to deal with Hazel, was an emergency. Lena had found out one day when I wasn't myself at all. It was also the same day when the news about her stage had gotten worse. I never would have told someone so quickly, but something in my heart told me that it was okay to trust her. She still didn't know much about my past and I didn't want her to know. All she truly knew was that I moved from Detroit to KC for school, work, and my close family — that's all. 

My thoughts rushed back to present time — tonight. Lena wanted to go out, but I didn't. Friday nights were either nights were when she wanted to either: A, go out to some club; B, spend it with her boyfriend — which have become nonexistent; or C, to just have a nice night in with me, and/or my sister.